6. momo

"Onii-chan, you forgot your lunch!"

"Ah, sorry!"

Hinata Shouyo turns back around to find his sister coming at him, glare set on her face, with an extra lunchbox in her hand. He laughs sheepishly at that.

He settles into the bicycle, bag on his shoulders.

Momo drops his lunch, and hers, into the basket, before sitting down on the backseat and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"Ready?" Shouyo grins.

"Of course!" Momo beams, "full speed ahead!"

-

Hinata Shouyo never thought of himself as big brother material. As a role model, he may possibly be the worst choice someone could ever come up with.

Yet, fate bestowed him the older brother role to not one, but two younger sisters . So not only does he have to be the eldest sibling of the family, he has to be the man of the house. After all, Dad works in the city.

There couldn't be a more ill-fitting position.

"Are you okay?"

"I... can... DO... THIS!"

Today again, he struggles through the uphills on his bike. To have to carry the weight of his bag and his sister behind him all the while: that was torture.

But he has to do this! He's a strong man!

"I can always walk to school myself," Momo insists to him when they finally give up on the attempt.

Shouyo pushes the bicycle along him as they walk up the hill together, out of breath.

"You can't!" he says a little louder than necessary, "the sun isn't up yet! Obviously it's not safe!"

Being in a mostly female household had its impacts. Shouyo was brought up with the belief that he had to be the guardian when it counts, even if it cost him.

"You don't have to babysit me," Momo pouted, "a lot of people in Miyagi know the both of us well. So they'll keep a lookout!"

" I know a lot of people personally," Shouyo argues, " you know a lot of people, well, not personally! Because you're an idol!"

Momo flushes bright red and hisses a sharp SHHH!!! in his direction. Looking around frantically, she worries if anyone heard. In luck, it was too early in the morning for any sort of crowd or audience.

"You know you can't shout like that!" she whispered loudly, hands held before her as if that would hide her anyhow, "you know how they crowd around me sometimes..."

Shouyo laughs, nose raising proudly, "I can never brag enough about it! I'm the older brother of an idol! Just think about that!"

Momo's face just gets redder from that. This was much different from her past life-- her name wasn't on the walls or TVs every day.

(At least, not her bare face.)

She finds a poster on the wall-- Bright gold on deep blue, she was like the moon. With startling blonde hair and a blue masquerade mask on her face, her gleaming red eyes made her the enigma of this country.

"Kisaragi," she calls herself, written with the words like the moon . No one in the town, save her family, know of her identity. She was an underground idol with a hidden identity. Wasn't that cool?

(If one day, Shintaro sees this, I hope he would realize that I'm here too.)

(Because no matter what, she will always have a brother called Shintaro, and that won't change no matter how many times they die and live again.)

She didn't catch as much attention as before, because she knew how to control her eyes now. She inevitably garnered attention for her looks, but no one suspected a thing. After all-- their hairs were in a slightly different colour, and who would think that Kisaragi was from right out in the sticks?

"Anyways, you'll be late if you don't hurry. You have volleyball practice with the girl's team, right?" Momo speaks up, changing the subject sharply.

"Eh- Oh my GOSH!" Shouyo squawks, leaping onto his bike, "Oh, the school's in view! C'mon, Momo, last spurt!"

Momo looks on fondly, settling herself on the backseat again as they zoomed down the hill, squealing in delight.

This new big brother was a whole oddball, but Momo thinks she loves him too.