Chapter 1

Kwanele: Bafo come quick. Siyavuyas down. We've been compromised!
Me: Location? Back up?
Kwanele: South gate. Just Musa and Mpatho. I've managed to stop the bleeding. It hit his heart Fezile. Hurry.
I can hear the hurt in his voice.
I call Musa and Mpatho. They say they're going to be there in 25 minutes. I call Siphamandla.
Me: Brother.
Siphamandla: Nene.
Me: We've been compromised.
Siphamandla: On my way to you.
Me: Okay.
We found Siyavuya in a drug den with Kwanele. I once saw him in a cage fight. I liked what I saw. He was explosive. Kwanele on the other hand was high out of his mind but the way he was good with chemicals. Siphamandla and I realised that both of them are actually wasting their talents. We recruited them and sent them to our form of rehab. Before I go any further. My name is Fezile Ngema, son of Millicent Khonzile Ngema and Muzikayise Phineas Ngema. I'm originally from eNdwedwe. I grew up in UMlazi and went to university of Free State to study Geology. I am back in Durban and I've been here for two years. My mom left us when I was in primary school. We had to fend for ourselves because after our mother disappeared with all her clothes one day ubaba wacwila ezimbizeni zaFaro. My elder brother Siphamandla always had to fetch him from the tavern ka Mam Superman. We were labeled the drunkard's sons. Enough about my past. What is important is the here and now. One of our brothers has been shot and we need to get to him urgently. I hear Siphamandla's car outside. I get out. We get in his black Range Rover Velar and drive to South gate. We get there and go to the designated abandoned warehouse. We find Kwanele, Musa and Mpatho with Siyavuya on the floor. He's lying in a pool of blood. He's not moving. Siphamandla and I look at each other. Then we walk closer to them. I hear silent sobs from Kwanele. He was his best friend after all. I kneel next to Kwanele.
Me: Who did this?
Musa: Fingers.
Me: Where did he go?
Mpatho: To Steleka's. He's with his younger brother.
Me: I'll be back.
I stand up and as I walk away Siphamandla calls me.
Siphamandla: Mngadi!
Me: Don't try to stop me Siphamandla.
Siphamandla: Do one thing for me.
Me: Anything brother.
Siphamandla: Come back with his head.
Me: Your wish is my command.
I get out the warehouse and make my way to Steleka's house, Finger's right-hand man. He lives in a luxury double storey in Musgrave. I sneak into his yard. A dog comes running to me barking, I let him take me down and while it is barking in my face. I take out an injection and pierce it into its neck. The barking slows down and it collapses on me. I push him off and make my way to the house. The driveway is about 200 metres long. I sneak in, hiding behind bushes as I make my way towards the main house. I take out my phone and call General.
General: Slice.
Me: How many men are outside?
General: You know I could do this for you boss. You don't have to do this alone.
Me: This is something I have to do alone. Now tell me how many men are outside.
General: Five. Two at the main door. One on either side of the house and one at the back of the house.
Me: Take out the two at the main door I'll take care of the rest.
General: Ok.
The General is the best sniper I know. He takes them out immediately. I watch them as they drop to the floor. I make my way to the door. I take one of the guards and pull him to the bushes. I then strip his uniform and wear it. I do my 'patrol' to the side of the house. I bump into one of the guards. I act as normal as possible.
Guard: All clear?
I nod, turn around and walk.
Guard: Aibo Sphe come here!
He runs after me and grabs my shoulder. I turn around and slit his throat in a split second. He grabs his neck and gasps for air. I watch him as he drops to the floor and his soul slowly leave his body.
I then go to the back of the house and find a guard there as well. I vice grip him from behind and snap his neck. He drops to the ground instantaneously. I then go inside the main house. It looks there is a huge gathering. I can hear Fingers, his little brother Ginger and Steleka and some other voices in the background. I put on my black cap and make my way to them in the living room. I stand at a safe distance where I can see all of them but none of them can see me. I take out my gun and put on the silencer, silently. Lol. I point my gun at Steleka and take him out. His blood is all over the floor. I then throw teargas in the living room. I wear my mask. Everybody starts coughing and shooting at all directions. I then run to the living room and hit Fingers behind his neck and he collapses into my arms. I pull him out the house. I shoot the last remaining guard between his eyes as he is making his way towards me.