Chapter 3

"Where are the empousai?" Percy hissed at me, pulling out his sword. 

I stood, staring at the trail. I had been so busy following the path, I had forgotten all about the demon girls who were supposed to be right in front of us. "Shit." I uncapped my pen, facing my back to Percy's.

"Perseus Jackson. How awesome. I don't have to return to the mortal world to kill you." I could hear the smirk on Kelli's face. 

I slowly turned around, glaring at her. "Did you miss me?"

"I could kill two Jacksons for the price of one? How awesome is this?"

I took a couple steps forward, tilting my head up to expose my neck. She looked uncomfortable. "You broke my heart. I'm going to rip out yours."

Kelli paused for a second before rushing forward, her minions following suit. I raised a hand, her red aura visible even in the hazy red of Tartarus. In an instant I had her on her knees, choking on her blood. I wanted her to suffer. Behind me Percy disintegrated the other two empousai and joined me in front of Kelli. 

"Pepper, That's enough."

I glared at him for a second before tightening my grip, until her face was turning a deep shade of purple. I took another step forward, standing over her. I stopped controlling her blood for a second, a cry of relief going through the musky air. Just as she tried to stand, I kicked her down, plunging my sword into her chest. When I pulled it out, all that was left was a pile of gold dust. 

Behind us a loud BANG sounded and we immediately whipped towards it. 

A tall, humanoid monster stood there, wearing a grey janitor's uniform that proudly displayed his nametag. BOB. 

Percy grinned. "It's good to see you again, Bob."

He grinned then turned to me. "You're from Hades' palace. I work there." 

I nodded slowly. "Okay." 

"They call me, 'Bob, sweep up these bones, Bob, clean up this mess. Then I heard Percy say my name. I'm Percy's friend."

Percy nodded. "Yup. Bob, this is Pepper, my sister." 

"She's dead." He stated, nodding at me. "Hello Percy's sister." He looked back into the distance. "We have to go. They are coming."

"Who's 'they?'" I frowned. 

"Bob knows the way. C'mon friends, we will have fun." He grinned, heading into the void. 

Percy and I followed and I made sure we were following the blue path.