Cause i have you

Chapter 28

P.O.V Harley

"God knows" Damiar mutter, loud enough so I could.

I think that he doesn't want me to know, he has no plan at all now.

I know we have to keep a low profile. But what are we supposed to do,

These thoughts invaded my head as we walked back to the car, I brought along a bag of my belongings. My mother gave me a necklace, the one that she got given from her mother.

We got back in the car, I'm staring down at my hands at this necklace.

"Do you want time to put it on?" Damiar asked, he was in the backseat with me.

I nodded and carefully placed it in his hands I moved my hair out of the way, and he clicked it on for me.

"Thank you" I said softly.

He smiled, "Its beautiful, almost as beautiful as you"

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I chuckled he did too.

"Thank you Damiar"

Caleb was sitting in the driver seat, I looked out the front window, and I saw trees among trees and bush land everywhere,

"where are we going?" I asked no one in particular

"Different state, they would guess we go to your home," Caleb answer me

I sighed and moved closer to Damiar. He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me in even closer, if it were possible at this point.

"How long do you think we will be in hiding for?" I mutter in to Damiar chest, as I was just hiding in there.

"Until we've killed your uncle," he smiled evilly, as I looked at his face.

"Fair enough" I shrugged my shoulders and laid my head back in his chest.

After a short while, I began to get hungry and bored.

"Ok I'm hungry" I say sitting up from my spot, causing Damiar and Caleb to laugh lightly at my sudden movements.

"Alright I pull over next when I can" Caleb looked back to me, then back to the road. As promised he pulled over.

Damiar got out and turned around "you gotta stay here, you're still a missing person, remember"

"But I wanna stretch my legs" I whined

"We will go somewhere less crowded, I promise"

I nodded and laid on the car seat hoping no one would see me. My stomach growled as I was still hungry, I sat up just enough to look out the window to see the boys walking back.

I cheered quietly and awaited them to get in the car Caleb threw the bag he was carrying back to me, as he was siting in the drivers seat. Damiar had another bag but I didn't care about it. I open the bag in my hand harshly.

Inside was a sausage roll and hot chips

"You guys are my heroes" i said as a took a bite.

Caleb started the car again "now let's go find a rest stop to pull over" Caleb mutter to himself.

Eventually he found somewhere to pull over as the night was falling, the breeze got cooler. We got out of the car I hadn't finished eating but I put everything down and ran to the table, I did a cartwheel beside it, to fully stretch my body out. I jumped up and down,

"Somebody's happy to be out of that car" Caleb said, handing me my bag of food I left in the car,

"Of course I'm happy to be out aren't you" I replied

He nodded and sat down. Damiar sat beside him and I sat on the other side, opposite to them

"Where are we anyways?" I asked randomly

"Somewhere west of Queensland" Caleb mutter "haven't been keeping track"

We ate our food, then we prepared to head off again, I stared at the sunset as it disappeared,  the boys sneaked  up on me and stood beside me. When it was gone everything got a little bit darker.

"Looks like I'm driving" Damiar said

Caleb threw the keys at him in response. They hit him in the stomach,

"Ow," Damiar yelps as he rubbed his stomach.

I sat in the back and lightly chuckle at him. He saw me

Whoops

"I'm glad you take pleasure in my pain" he said mockingly

I leaned up so my lips were beside his ear "You would"

There that shut him up

A mischievous smile made it way to my lips, as Damiar started the car, and began to drive.

Caleb looked between us, "What did you say to him" he asked laughing slightly.

I smiled again as Damiar looked in the rearview mirror. With a face of pure confusion

I leaned over to Caleb, "I'm messing with his mind"

"Ohhhh" he said

I just started laughing, Damiar looked back at us as Caleb laughed along with me.

"I'm sorry Damiar," I say taking breaths in between each word "you have the best facial expression right now" I say Caleb and I just lean against each other.

Time skip

I somehow managed to sit in the front seat with Damiar, Caleb had the whole backseat to himself. Damiar, was focused on driving, but we were asking each other question, to get to know one another better.

"do you have any siblings?" I asked

"Yeah, my brother Silas"

"Another unique name" I mumble

"What did you want to do after school" he asked

"I was lined up for a University, I was gonna study psychology,"

"Really" he asked surprise

"Yeah, But those plans are kinda shot for now"

"Yeah I guess for now they are"

"So what about you how did you guys get mixed up in the mafia?"

He looked taken aback, "Well me and Caleb knew each other before being a part of it, we met a man one day, he followed us to a lot of places, um...we confronted him about following us, he said something along the lines of 'I'm looking for some men for this thing'..... we were young and dumb. When we got to the place it was 'join us or die' and to be honest we kinda like the idea of being apart of the mafia"

I took in everything he said, "well, damn"

He took my hand with his free one, keeping a hand on the wheel, "I don't regret it"

I was confused now "Why?"

"Cause I have you" he smiled softly

************************************************

Guys as I write this i am sweating, big time, imma gonna die,

P.s thank you @Brendon_pdisco for the comment on the last chapter,

:Don't feel pressured to write...at all

Anyways I'm got some melting to do