twenty-six

The Date
~•°•~

Ignacios slammed his face into his bed after the wretched she-wolf left. The insane anger that boiled dangerously in his body was slowly making him go insane.

A child!

With Lois?!

Years ago when everything wasn't like this, he had planned out his future. Be someone to his mate, have a family of his own, and do everything he can to his people. But with Lois, he only wanted to scream. The she-wolf has ruined his future.

Ignacios reached down in his mind, trying to speak with his wolf. He wanted to know why exactly it agreed to sire Lois a pup.

"Hello?" He kept saying back to back, again and again, but his wolf was still out of reach. "One of these days I swear I'm going to kill you."

When his wolf denied him any answer, his heart dropped when he thought of Lyra. He imagined the look on her face when he would announce that Lois was pregnant. The news about Lois' pregnancy needed to be spread, it was custom. He felt the dread rise in his body.

But he couldn't just sit there and do nothing. He only thought of Lyra, afraid to see the disappointment swim in her grey eyes. She was the most important thing in his world right now and she needed to hear his story first.

He stood up from his bed and stormed out of his room slamming the door behind him as his chest heaved up and down with unhinged adrenaline pumping through his body.

Lyra, she needed to know. It's what matters the most now.

~•°•~

There was an unsettling silence that clouded the Northern lands. It made Lyra scowl with unkempt anger as she realized nothing was happening. For the past week, Edward and Felix were quiet. It made her go insane knowing they were plotting something, probably something against Ignacios. Both of them acted suspiciously but she knew she had to blend in and waited for the outcome.

She grimaced at the thought when she remembered promising Iggy's wolf that she would protect his human. After all, his wolf held valuable information about Larry Stylinson's whereabouts.

As she sat on the steps of Edward's cabin, she sensed the presence of another wolf making her way. She looked up and smiled, a weak lopsided one as Gael strode through the pebbled path.

"Hello, Lyra," he says as he waved his hand. "Blessed be the Moon."

"May She shine, I guess." She reluctantly replied as he sat beside her.

Lyra looked up to his face, noticing the small scruff he had managed to grow. It took him a few days to recover from the poison in his body. Lyra didn't know what it was that Lois put in him, but she was adamant to confront the wolf about it.

"I'm going to miss this place." He said, the sullen tone in his voice didn't go past her.

"Don't worry, this place won't miss you at all." She joked and he smiled, a genuine one. His green eyes looked at her with warmth.

"Yeah, you're right." he chuckled. "Doesn't matter, we're all going to die anyway."

She laughed at his morbid comment, rolling her eyes. He was the piece of normalcy that made her feel better despite the dreadful circumstances she was in.

"Don't be like that, Gael."

"Oh, I'm sorry." he looked at her. "My queen, this wolf is not perfect, but he will try his best to be your knight."