40.

miran gets out of the car and closes the door, "it's a wonder how you got your license when you drive like a drunk man."

jihoon pretends he doesn't hear, "yedam said he had something for you to do."

"well, that's a sign to avoid yedam then!"

"no—"

"bye!"

miran walks into the school, leaving jihoon behind while he sighs. she greets the security guard and classmates she sees as usual. she makes a mental note to avoid mr. kang's biology class; bumping into yedam is more likely if she doesn't.

"what happened to you yesterday, miss secretary?" miran hears a voice and turns around, startled. she sees kim sunwoo, hands in pocket. like always.

"oh my god, sunwoo, i told you to stop calling me that. you scared me."

"my bad," sunwoo laughs. ahn gave us a big ass packet yesterday. i have yours with me right now,"

"i don't want it," miran smiles sarcastically and turns around. she starts walking away, and sunwoo catches up.

"don't be cold, park. not when i'm about to offer you to let you copy my answers," sunwoo grins.

but miran's not buying it. she narrows his eyes at him, "you want something from me, huh?"

"as if," sunwoo defends himself, laughing for a few seconds until his smile drops and he stops laughing. "yes."

"huh. i'm so surprised."

"can you tutor me on math? at the rate i'm going, i'm going to fail. pleaseee, miss secretary?" sunwoo pleads.

"sounds like a you problem," miran shrugs.

"miran, all you do in world lit is sleep and you're barely passing the class right now. is that the ideal student council member the teachers wanna see."

"wooow, using my stuco status. that's so low, kim."

"all i'm saying is we can help each other. we're friends, yeah?"

"not with that attitude we're not," she scoffs as they enter the classroom.

"come onnnnn," he whines, and miran stares at him.

"whatever. just give me my packet so i can copy from you," miran sits down on her assigned seat.

"so, that's a yes?" he asks, taking two booklets out of his bag and handing it to her.

"why the hell not," she takes the papers from his hand. "at least it's not as bad as junkyu's."

"what was that?"

"nothing," miran starts working on the booklet. her phone buzzes in her pocket.

junkyu
heyyy you didn't come to the stuco room this morning so yedam told me to tell you we don't have duties after school today 🤩🤩
soo are you free after classes??? i wanna talk about me and yeoreums date the other day because these fake stuco thotties wont listen to me 😔🤚
okay it wasnt like a date date but it basically was

miran reads the text and thinks for a moment. she doesn't want to face junkyu right now. she's his best friend, and she knows she should be there for him for things like these, but she has her own life too, right? his crush problem isn't her priority. but she can't avoid him forever. she knows that. but for now, she will.

"sunwoo, i was just informed the student council is free today. do you wanna start tonight?"
~
xl.
uhhh hi 😀😀
treasure finally debuted so im gonna attempt to uhh bring this back . key word ATTEMPT i actually started this up again during quarantine but lost motivation but here u go
also i miss yoonbin