cinq

CHURROLAND was an outdoor buffet restaurant, filled with various tired families with screaming children. It was a pigeon's dream hunt.

Rocc stealthily waddled to the closest table, where a mother was securing her toddler in a high chair for what seemed like the twentieth time (Rocc assumed because of her tired sigh), flying to the surface of the table. He watched the mother carefully as he approached the plate of churros, making sure she didn't turn around and see him. After successfully wrapping his foot around the middle part of the churro, he quickly flew off, leaving CHURROLAND as just a silhouette in the near distance.

After flying for a few yards, Rocc passed over an alley, and suddenly got the desire to walk. Since his foot had been torn away, Rocc had preferred flying to walking, but these days, he had wanted to practice walking more often, hoping to be proficient in that field by the time he held a higher position in the Pige gang.

He reached the ground gracefully, placing most of the weight on his right foot. He repositioned the churro to his mouth, and continued to walk down the cobblestoned alleyway.

"Paul! Look who I found again!" a pigeon called out. Rocc turned his head and saw two of the Prips from the night he had met Boeuf approaching him. "Pige. You should have never crossed into our territory again."

"No one cares about what you think, Prip. Remember the accords," Rocc spat, keeping the churro guarded in his possession.

"A churro, huh? From CHURROLAND, I suppose?" the pigeon he now knew as Paul mumbled.  He didn't wait for confirmation as he continued. "That's Prip territory. Which means... it's in full compliance with the accords for us to rip your throat out for disrespecting us."

Rocc's glare hardened as he realized he wouldn't be able to escape this without a fight. He placed the churro on the side carefully, turning to the Prips.

"Oh yeah? Good luck with that," Rocc snapped, ruffling the feathers around his neck as a challenge to the Prips. Paul dove for his neck without much of a warning, but even as Rocc moved, Paul's talon scraped at the flesh under his right eye. Anger burned through his small frame, and he clawed at Paul's outstretched talon with his beak. His constant pecking eventually dug into flesh, hitting Paul's chest and drawing blood. Paul moaned out in pain, falling to the ground. Rocc bent down and slipped his beak into Paul's neck easily, ripping out his throat and spitting it out near the other Prip's feet.

The other Prip quickly flew away. And soon after, Rocc did too, this time, going to the Pige headquarter directly.

"Ah, Rocc. Impressive. A record time," Boeuf greeted, his tone smug. Rocc placed the churro at Boeuf's feet, keeping his head bowed. Boeuf ignored Rocc's wounds, and continued to shower Rocc with praise.

"Rocc, only a final part remains of your initiation," Boeuf announced, pausing once more. "You must choose your name."

Rocc thought about it for a moment. He thought of his family, his mother, as he tried to form a new name for himself. He could be a new person now.

"Call me... Roccboi."