Chapter 1. Falling in love

We started as good friends, back then when I saw Mac as a homie of mine. But after four years of friendship with this great guy, I fell in love with my friend. I felt a real connection, the chemistry between us was amazing, everything about him was great. And Malcolm felt the same way...

If you want it, I got it, I got it everyday
You can get whatever you need from me
Stay by your side, I'll never leave you
And I ain't going nowhere 'cause you're a keeper

I'd never laughed more in my life than I laughed with Mac. We always had so much fun, he made me happy. But no boyfriend is perfect, no relationship is flawless. Mac was kind of stuck inside his head and lost a part of himself in his addiction. I tried to help Mac cope with his struggles with drugs. I loved him the way he was, I loved him for everything he was. Yet, I worried for him. I wanted the best for this amazing person, I wanted to do everything so he got what he deserved. He didn't deserve his demons, so I wanted to help him get rid of them. I cared so much about this man.
I wanted to be there for him, not because I should. I wanted to see him happy because he meant so much to me. And don't forget that I knew he deserved to be cared for, he was a good person, so kind. I knew I didn't have to fix him, but I really wanted to. I think it's weird because I don't think I ever realized I loved him. 

I was there for him, I was there with him, in the good and the bad times. And I'm glad I was, I wanted to be there with him, for him, in both times. I knew he needed me, but I needed him more than I realized back then. I appreciated Malcolm and our relationship, I treasured all the beautiful memories of us... Yet, I didn't know what I had really... until it was gone.

To the good and the bad times
All the cuts, broken bones and the black eyes
Young motherfucker with a mad mind