Chapter 27

The street lamp over the theater shone brightly over Lewis as he waited. He had checked the message on his phone multiple times, trying to find deception in the words. He wouldn't be tricked again, but his heart jumped a bit as he read the name at the top of the message string.

Logan.

His Logan had reached out first. His Logan was talking to him again. Logan was much too careful to give his phone to someone else. Not to mention the words were just like him. Lewis smiled as he reread the message again, rubbing his finger over the words.

'I believe it is possible that I lashed out emotionally after the play. Dee pointed out that, I may have been experiencing 'jealousy'. I would like to discuss this further. Will you meet me at the theater at 11:00 pm?'

Always so eloquent and verbose, Lewis missed this. He missed him. Logan had always been an entertaining boyfriend to be with. Sure he had messed up a lot, but he was still a good man. As the clock struck 10:59 a smile crossed Lewis' face. He could hear footsteps. His Logan has always been perfectly punctual. When he looked up, however, his smile fell. The figure walking towards him was too short to be Logan, and he walked with a slight limp. Lewis watched as Dee came into view, his smile falling completely and forming a snarl.

"Where is Logan, snake face?" He had been suspicious that this man was not actually on his side, but he had finally gotten a reaction out of Logan. He had wanted to believe that he could finally have his boyfriend back in his arms.

"Oh no, I've never heard that one before. You have absolutely destroyed my feelings." Dee raised his hand to his chest in mock hurt before letting out a wicked chuckle. "You didn't honestly believe I would orchestrate this whole plan, set up all of the pawns in their place, just to be undone by a cellphone did you?" His hand dipped into his pocket, pulling out the cellphone that Logan had entrusted to him before the start of the play. "I'm actually surprised Lewis, you were much easier to take down then I thought."

"You act as if I am some villain." He snapped, showing his true anger.

"Oh, but aren't you? Destroying the confidence of two separate people for your own gain. Don't get me wrong, I have major respect for you. Unfortunately, you messed with the wrong people." Dee held up his hand motioning with his fingers for someone to come out of the shadows and Lewis could hear the sound of metal scraping on concrete.

From the alleyway came a raspy voice. "A pound of flesh for a pound of flesh, you hurt my brother now guess who's next?" Remus shambled forward, a Morningstar dragging on the ground behind him.

The color drained from Lewis' face. It was easy enough to tell that Roman and Remus were related, even if their fashion styles were literal opposites in color and flair. Remus and Roman shared a face, with the exception of Remus' mustache which made him look like a classic cartoon villain. Somehow, that didn't stop him from being intimidating in the low light.

"Lay a finger on me and I will call the police."

"You assume they will find the body," Remus croaked and Lewis flinched back, right into Dee.

"As I see it now you have two options," Dee plucked the still unlocked phone from Lewis' hand, scrolling through the contact list and deleting anyone who might have a connection, Logan or Roman. He then went through, deleting text message chains as well.

"Leave, and never come back, or you can try to continue your unhealthy relationship with either Roman or Logan. I don't think Remus would take kindly to you hurting his brother again."

Lewis attempted to maintain a facade of bravado, but as Remus began to lift the morning star above his head, the smaller man couldn't help but let the fear get to him. "Fine, I'll stop." He flinched back, turning to look at Deceit. "Just call off the guard dog."