Reunion.

I warped to Little Homeworld to catch up with Kunzite. They've been pretty happy on Earth after coming out of hiding, I heard they might be getting engaged!

"Hey, Kunzite!" I got her attention and she smiled at me. "Hey, Steven! I made this mace while forging with Bismuth! What do you think?" She summoned it and looked down at me. It looked bit intimidating but nice at the same time. I gave her a thumbs up and she put it back into her Rose Quartz gem. "So, since my mom's zoo's here for a while, I was wondering if you wanted to see some Rose Quartzes?" She unfused at my question.

"Oh my stars, I'd love to meet them!" Rose smiled, her pupils turning into stars. Blue Zircon sat on the ground, smiling awkwardly.

The three of us warped to the zoo and Rose was beaming with joy. "It's been so long since I've seen them, I wonder if they'll remember me."

"I hope they don't remember me." Zircon mumbled.

I opened the door to the former bubbling room and smiled at all of the Rose Quartzes. "Hey, guys!" Zircon looked up at Rose and tried to reach out for her arm, but she ran off once she saw them. "Aah! Oh, my stars!" She looked so happy to be with other Rose Quartzes, but Zircon looked uncomfortable. "Steven! Oh, it's been so long!" One of the quartzes picked me up and hugged me. "I just saw you yesterday." I laughed. 

I turned to Zircon and she ran out of the room. "Zircon, wait up!" I got out of the hug and ran after her. She stood at the end of the hall. "Is everything okay?" Zircon turned to face me. 

"I'm fine." The crack on her eye expanded and I grew worried. It must be psychological trauma, like Volleyball's crack. But, what's causing it?

"Did something happen in the past?" I asked cautiously. 

"Why do you want everyone to remember their past, so you can just try to solve their trauma when you can't do the same to yourself?" She snapped at me. 

I stepped back.

"Why do you think I've been avoiding this all day? Why do you think my crack keeps getting worse? Why do you think I don't want to see the Rose Quartzes, the same ones that berated and tortured me on trial when the diamonds saw them all as guilty. I couldn't do anything to save them, but they'd hurt me either way." 

She sat on the ground and looked outside the glass. I walked up to her and sat next to her.

"When I saw that I was going to be shattered alongside Rose, I was ecstatic. Finally, my eons of suffering would be put to an end. But, she changed my fate, she brought me to a future where I learned to love and trust another gem. She was the reason I rebelled in the first place. Now, I can't even look at her siblings in the eyes." Zircon closed her eyes and put her head on her knees.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Our heads snapped up at saw Rose standing in the hallway. 

Zircon stood up. "I was hoping it'd never come up, that I could just leave it in the past." Rose walked closer to her and held her hands. "Zirc, if you would've told me this, I wouldn't have come here in the first place. I never knew what the other Rose Quartzes did to you. I'm so sorry for bringing you here." Rose pulled her into a hug. 

I smiled as they fused. 

Her crack went back to its normal size and she let out a sigh. "Maybe one day." She looked over at the door. "You guys alright?" I asked as I watched the sunset from the ship. Kunzite put her hand on my shoulder. 

"Yes, sometimes it's nice to get a new perspective once in a while."

"Yeah, sometimes."