Kissing Strangers

Anonymous
asked:

HC/ y/n is mad at Erik cause he did something dumb and he's trying to make it up to her "kiss me like you mean it"

You sigh, crossing your arms as you lazily trail out in front of the rest of the group, feet moving slowly as you put one foot in front of the other and attempt to walk in a straight line, if for no other purpose than for your own personal enjoyment. You were pretty through with the night, but you didn't want to rush along anyone and risk dampening the fun mood, so you tried occupying yourself as best you could to keep from sending out the wrong vibrations.

You feel the presence come up next to you before it makes itself known, but you ignore it, choosing to feign ignorance instead of acknowledging it with your usual situational awareness.

The presence lingers for a moment, waiting for you to notice it, but when you don't it inches a little closer, nudging its shoulder against yours with a light tap, the spot where it touches you feeling tingly.

"So, how'd you like the movie?" He asks you, and you glance up at him, seeing his eyes lit up and full of interest.

"It was ok." You answer flatly, shrugging your shoulders, and those eyebrows of his hike up, not expecting your nonchalance.

"Oh."

It was an honest answer. The movie was just OK. Even though it wasn't just the movie you were expecting more out of tonight.

You divert your attention back down to your feet, indulging again in your own little game of 'Walk the Plank'. The presence next to you grows quiet again, and you know he's observing you, trying to figure out what's going through that head of yours.

It doesn't phase you, already knowing that whatever emotions you had you didn't wear them on your face.

Luckily, you were hard to read like that.

This was the second time-*Correction*, the third time that the both of you had hung out this week with your friends, and you were starting to get the feeling that maybe there was something happening between the two of you. At least, that's what you thought... up until tonight.

"Everything okay?"

You can hear the hint of worry hiding somewhere behind his words, and part of you wants to just drop it and chalk your mood up to being tired or something.

You nod your head, shrugging your shoulders again, eyes focused somewhere on the floor.

Don't be petty. Don't be petty. Don't be petty.

You lift your head and look him in the eyes, smiling.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

He returns the smile, visibly relaxing now, diverting his own eyes to the floor now as he chews on his lip.

You quirk an eyebrow, watching him, and open up your mouth again.

"So where's your friend at?"

Fuck.

The sound that comes out of his mouth is something between a choke and a snort, and he brings a fist up to his mouth to clear his throat before looking back your way.

The smile is still plastered on your face, but not an evil one, just...friendly. Weirdly friendly.

You can see his eyes squint a little as he quickly studies your face, trying to figure you out, but there's nothing to see except what appears to be your innocent smile.