Early Morning Day 18

A/N: I don't know what is even going on anymore, but I am really glad I have such amazing readers. I love you all! Enjoy!

Jason woke up to harsh monotone ringing and lifted his head from where it had been laying on the bed next to Leo's body. Slowly, almost deliriously, he looked around to find the source of the noise and when his eyes came across the heart monitor, his stomach dropped.
It was a flat line.

No heartbeat.

No pulse.

Nothing. 

Leo was dead.

'He's dead.'

'He can't be dead.'

Jason clasped onto the boys hand.

'It's cold.'

Frantically he checked for Leo's pulse, only find nothing. 

No life.

'He's gone..'

Hanging his head, Jason let his body slacken before going rigid as something cold as ice touched his ear and went into his hair. He whipped his head up to see Leo sitting up and the bed sheets pooling around his lap. There was something eerie in the way the Latino was looking at the blonde and how he was moving his hand through Jason's hair and then over his ears. Realizing that the heart monitor was still ringing, Jason took his eyes off of the boy to look. And that was when Leo struck.
Throwing himself forward, he grabbed the son of Zeus by the chin and forced him to look at his attacker before he leaned close enough to whisper into his ear the words that Jason dreaded hearing. The words that would rip his heart out and shatter his soul.

Jason woke up in a cold sweat and rushed as he stood up to check Leo's vitals before letting out a breath of relief when he realized that everything was stable and he was still breathing.

"Leo, please don't ever leave me." Jason whispered as he hugged the smaller boys body and closed his eyes again, but he did not fall asleep. His mind was left racing after what his dream put him through. Instead he lay atop Leo thinking when he felt the Latino shift. 

'Is that a good sign? Should I get help? Should I get off of him?' 

Jason stayed frozen where he was as Leo moved around some more. He inhaled sharply when he felt Leo's hand rest on his head reminding him of his nightmare. 

'I know I already checked his vitals, but I have to make sure. Please, let your hand be warm'

Jason raised his own hand, grabbing the Latinos hand from his hair and bringing it down to his face. He pressed Leo's hand against his cheek and let out a deep sigh as he felt the warmth emanating from his skin. 

Soft chuckling caused Jason to finally look at the person whose hand he was holding. Even through the dark he could see Leo's damned smile and tears began falling down the blonde's face. 

"You're a fucking asshole Leo. I hope you know this." Jason tried to sound angry, but the words warbled pathetically out of his choked throat to the point that he sounded ridiculous and Leo let out a louder laugh in response and pinched Jason's chin with the hand already pressed to his, now soaked, cheek.

"Did you already plan my funeral? Please tell me it was going to be a huge party."

Jason sobbed and buried his face into Leo's stomach before choking out, "Yeah, it was gonna be a blast."

Leo started petting the blondes head and they stayed there for a while until Jason got his crying under control and could face the brunette again. He lifted his face and Leo could see that his cheeks were red and splotchy.

"Are you-" Jason began, but Leo cut him off. "It's really awkward being the only one on the bed and talking to you like this."

Jason pondered for a moment before asking, "Do you want me to join you?"

Leo nodded and scooted over to make room where the bigger boy crawled into and pulled the sheets over the both of them. They looked at each other for a moment, both hoping that neither could see the slight blush that they shared. Leo snuggled close to the son of Zeus and closed his eyes. Jason then shifted closer as well, but did not close his eyes. Instead, he took to memorizing the beautiful face in front of him before he spoke softly. 

"Leo, are you okay?"

Silence was the only response for a few moments before a soft voice replied. "My body hurts. Mainly my chest."

"Do you want me to get someone?"

"No. Let's sleep."

"Okay."

"Good night Jase."

"Good night Leo."