Chapter 31: The Journey

Grayheart's POV:

No... No... I couldn't sleep that night knowing that my brother is sick. But then I started to look at the brightside to it: At least... He's not dead. So then I began to sleep.

Then I found myself dreaming. I was in a field with a river running against the warm mist. Is... Is this StarClan? Then I found the cat I've been longing to see again after that day.

"Hello, my sweet Grayheart," She mewed calmly.

"Mother!" I mewed as I ran over to her and nuzzled her fur. "I was waiting forever to see you!" 

"And now you get your chance," She smiled. Then she stepped back. "I have a message for you,"

"What is it?" I asked.

"You'll have to travel to the Mountains! Something there awaits you! But you can only bring along one cat of your choice,"

"Okay,"

"After you've completed your task, you can come back to ThunderClan,"

"Great! But how do I know If I have completed it?"

"You will know when the time comes,"

Then I tilted my head. "But how will I know?"

"You will, just follow your heart." Then she started to fade, whispering, "Unite or die... Unite or die..." Then she was gone.

"No! Don't go!" Then I woke from the dream in the Warriors' den. 

If I was going to survive this journey, I will have to remember the prophecy!