-The party-

Imagine  being at the welcome party at Alexandria and meeting Carl.... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Heathers pov~

I was walking down Alexandria, the birds where tweeting peacefully and sun was mid high in the sky.

I sigh in delight as the air was a mix between a  cool breeze and the boiling sun. My jacket was hanging low on my shoulders as I trotted over to the house which was owned by Rick, Michonne (I don't know how to spell it :/) Carl and his younger sister Judith.

I was running over to deliver the food stock that Deanna told me to bring to the new comers. Spencer and Aiden where the ones that brought me to Alexandria at the beginning of all this and protected me through it all.

I was hunting down some food as I was separated from my old group by some hostile people that attacked us and took over our camp and I somehow survived. My leg got caught in a bear trap and there was walkers approaching. Luckily, Aiden and Spencer where there and killed the walkers then they where kind enough to bring me back to Alexandria and get my leg sorted out.

Their doctor (Denise) fixed up my leg and I was not able to walk for a few weeks because of the damage it caused. But after that I was well and healthy enough to help out in Alexandria since Deanna (the leader at the time) said that I could stay as long as she got to interview me.

When I heard about Aaron bringing in a new group a few years later I got excited and was eager to meet them. I was told by Aaron that they where on the road and surviving well.

It had been months (maybe even years) since I had set foot on the road. My fear of the monsters outside grew and grew until I avoided all options to go back outside again.

Anyway I preferred staying inside and helping people rather than going on runs....
Before all this happened I was a student at college and was studying to be a mechanic.

So inside the walls I would fix all the cars and mend weapons and make new ones out of spare parts.

I quickly knocked on the door, still holding the very heavy package of food in my arms. A few minutes had passed until the door was opened by a tall man.

He was wearing a plain white shirt and had some dark jeans on. His belt was wrapped and hung around his waist. His beard was shaved and his hair was cut nicely. That was probably Jesses work. On his wrist placed a silver watch and he was bare footed.

I smiled nervously -trying to look kind- he stared back at me. I gently placed the package in-front of him and found the courage to say.

"This was sent by Deanna as a welcome gift...." I mumble, slowly starting to back away to leave the scary looking man alone.

"Thanks ...." He grunted and started to shut the door when I saw a skinny looking boy behind him, he looked about my age and wore a sherif hat. He peered over and took a quick glance at me before running off.

I do the same, I didn't want the situation to be more awkward than it had to be.....

                                         *

The sun was setting and Deanna threw a welcome party for the new guests. I hated parties, especially when you are filled in a room with old drunk people. I wore a nicely ironed plain shirt with slick black jeans. Deanna wanted me to be some sort of .... waiter ?

I had a long black tie on that reached my stomach, my hair was curled and was placed on my shoulders. My shoes where black and polished with no heel.

It was half an hour before the party started and I walked over to the main all where it took place. My tired feet dragged me to the bar table and I sat down, waiting for all the guests to fill the room.

It had been about 45 minutes later when people starting entering the hall, I smiled and tried my best to look presentable and not bothered. That was when the same man that I delivered the package to before entered with a neat white shirt on.

He was holding a 2-year-old looking girl in his arms and everyone was surrounding him. Poor guy .... he looked like he hated the attention.
Behind him entered the same boy I had took a glance at before.

He wore a blue and grey checkered unbuttoned jacket on with a grey shirt underneath it. His jeans where a demon blue and he wore dark brown boots. His hair was up to his shoulders and was a chocolate brown colour while placed on top of his head was a dark brown sherif hat with golden thread wrapped around it.

As I was stuck in my thoughts I heard a slam on the bar table in front of me.... I jumped, not only to see a very drunk Tobin. He was half growling at me and screaming in my face to get him another pinte for the past minute.

That was until his grabbed my collar shirt and pulled me closer to his face....

"Look missy" he spat, his knuckles where clenched and white while his breath stunk of beer. I tried to brake lose of his grip but he was too strong. His eyes where scanning me up and down and he was clearly drunk.

"You get me another drink now before I knock your teeth out ...." he growled, his grip tightening on my shirt.

"Get off me" I shout, I wasn't really a person to answer back and I would never shout at anyone. I could see people starting to run over and tried to drag him away from me, but he wouldn't budge.

"What did you say ?!" He screamed back in my face, his eyes widening, "answering back !!!" He shouted frustratedly. I whinced at his tone and looked away in fear. That was when I felt a heavy painful weight on my nose, then a loud snap....

My feet stumble back as I could feel my nose starting to drip with thick,red blood. My blood was boiling up inside me in anger as my used-to-be white shirt was now being covered with the red liquid.

"That's enough" I hear someone angrily mutter, I look over a very angry and drunk Tobin to see the boy with the sherif hat behind him. His gun was raised, levelled with Tobins head.

"H-Heh now ..... kid put the gun down ..." stuttered a now very nervous Tobin, he started to back away. Everyone was staring at the scene with a shocked expression.

"Not until you leave ...." the kid growled, his lip moved up to angrily reveal his teeth.

With that Tobin ran away, crying and whimpering like a little puppy. I was still sitting on the floor when the kid walked over to me and placed his hand out, gesturing for me to take it.

I nervously smile as i swiftly heave myself to my feet, then I quickly wiped the blood from my nose.
He then grabbed some tissues and handed them over to me, I gratefully took them and starting cleaning my bleeding nose.

"The names Carl ...." he mumbled, leaning on his left leg as he placed his gun back into its place in his belt.

"Thanks Carl.... I'm Heather" I quietly mutter in reply, looking up at him as he towered over me.

"I hope we get to hang out some time ... and maybe get to know each other a bit more ...." I add nervously, wanting to know his reply.

"Yeah ...." he smiled at me before turning around and walked of back to Ronnie.

I think I've just found myself a new friend ....

                                        ~