Chapter 13 - Separation

*Your POV*

The Federal Army, along with Locus, immediately return fire, and we all get behind cover as Wash orders us to. Freckles and Doc.O are firing back and forth at each other, with Caboose calling over to make sure that Freckles is alright.

"Dammit! We need something to draw their fire!" Wash curses, looking around the canyon. Almost on command, Sarge and Simmons return with the tank, firing at some soldiers. In the midst of all this chaos, I watch Locus disappear as armoured vehicles appear behind him.

"Heavy artillery!" Felix announces, warning all of us about the new enemies, shocking Tucker.

"What? Where did that come from?"

"They must be getting in through the cave!" Wash offered, not seeming very happy about the situation.

Sarge and Simmons fire at the vehicles, but miss.

Suddenly, one of the cars disappears, and we watch in confusion as it falls from the sky and crushes some of the Federal soldiers beneath it. "Boosh! Future cubes, bitches!" Grif cheers, revealing to the Reds what happened to the car.

"What was that?" Wash exclaimed, looking to Grif for an explanation.

"Future cubes! The cubes of the future!" Donut answered, calling the rest of the Reds in for a discussion.

"I still think they'd be better with grenades!" Sarge claimed, causing an immediate response from Grif.

"Kiss my ass! Woohoo!"

Our moment of triumph was short-lived, as Freckles announced his critical condition, and Wash focused on the mantis, "Alright, let's grab some explosives and-"

"Wait! I know what to do!" Donut ran off to go do whatever, leaving us to cover for him, which we do, not wanting our pink-idiot to get killed. Freckles announced a shield failure, and Dos.O decided to monologue before killing him, a mistake made by all would-be great villains.

"Podios habernos unido Fresas. Ellos han inclinado ante nosotros como sus señores robot. Pero ahora, debes ser destruido." 'You should have joined me, Freckles. They would have bowed down to us as their Robot Overlords. But now.. you must be destroyed!' Right as Dos.O went to fire at Freckles, we all heard the cry of our pinkish friend.

"Alright! That's enough!"

"Que?" 'What?' Dos.O turned to find Donut staring up at him, and didn't seem to take him very seriously.

"Don't make me hurt you." Donut warned, holding something slightly behind his back, just enough so that we wouldn't be able to see it.

"Usted? Me telera? Me gustaría verte intentarlo. Rosado." 'You? Hurt me? I'd like to see you try, pinky.', a comment which seemed to annoy Donut, who decided to finally respond in Spanish.

"No soy rosa, soy rosa-ish." 'It's not pink, it's lightish red.'

This seemed to shock the giant robot, who stated in alarm, "Espere. HABLA ESPANIOL?" 'Wait. YOU SPEAK SPANISH?'

"Si. Pero no muy bien." 'Yes. Just not very well'. I noticed that the others saw no comedy in this discussion, and made a mental note - fine, I made Omicron remind me - to tell them about it later, after all of this.

After his final statement, Donut removed his hand from behind his back, and threw a future cube at Dos.O, ending it by throwing another cube into the minefield that we had set up, blowing up the robot for good.

"Seriously, he has an incredible arm!" Tucker complimented, followed by Grif taking credit for the idea that Donut used.

Sarge yelled out a warning, driving the battered tank into a corner, and escaping it just as a sticky bomb that Locus threw on the side of it blew up, much to Grif's amazement.