ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3

"I sent 4 nightwalkers to look into a werewolf sighting in the quarter. I haven't heard from them since." Thierry said.

"That makes 10 dead nightwalkers in the last week. You think the werewolves are back in town trying to start some trouble?" Marcel asked.

Thierry hesitatingly looked at Marcel and continued. "Look. I know you and Klaus are friends, but the fact is...since the Originals showed up..."

"Oh, come now, Thierry. You're not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you?" Klaus said as he stepped into the room. "I thought we were at bygone."

Thierry looked at Marcel, annoyed. "I see you've given him free rein of your compound now, too."

"Yes. Well, seeing as my family and I lived here, built the place, in fact-"Before Klaus could finish he was cut off by Marcel

"All right." Marcel interrupted. "Come on." Marcel said, defusing the tension. "You both know the drill. Thierry is my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace, all right? All right? What you need, my brother?"

Klaus sighed and looked at Marcel. "I'm afraid my sister Rebekah is insisting I demand Elijah's return. She's quite worked up about it."

"We're not gonna have 3 Originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers." Thierry said.

"Is that an accusation against an original?" Klaus asked Thierry coldly.

Thierry shrugged. "Eh."

Klaus lunged at Thierry; however, he was stopped by Marcel. "What did I say about peace? Come on. Walk with me."

Klaus smiled smugly at Thierry, who looked annoyed.

"Your inner circle man lacks a sense of humor." Klaus said to Marcel.

"He's a little overprotective but loyal to a fault. I saved his life back in the forties, found him dying of a war wound outside a VA hospital. He'd kill for me and die for me. Plus, that boy can play the trumpet like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little tonight at the party. You're coming, right?"

"How can I miss my chance to meet the city councilman as he accepts your gigantic charitable donation?"

"Oh, he's a schmuck, but he lets us do our thing in exchange for certain community services, like keeping our fangs out of the locals. Listen. About your brother, I would love to help you out, but Thierry is right. My guys are on edge. They see the original family moving in, vampires dying, it makes them nervous. If I hand Elijah back now, it might give the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what I mean?

"You understand, I had to ask. Plus, someone else was interested in knowing as well."

Marcel narrowed his eyes. "Who?"

"My little brother, of course." Klaus said, knowingly.

Marcel frowned."Kol? I thought he was daggered."

Klaus smirked. "He is. I wasn't talking about him."

Realization dawned on Marcel as he shivered slightly. "H-Henrik?"

Klaus's smirk widened.

.

.

.

"Hey, Klaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?" Rebekah asked.

"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, no. Marcel's man Thierry is suspicious."