First Attempt

(Deku's POV)

           After about a month of cutting, bullying, child abuse, and lack of sleep, I decided I was done. I remember very clearly my first suicide attempt. It was November 15, 2018. I was at school that day. When the last bell rang, I went to the roof access. I didn't check to see if I was being followed, I didn't think anyone cared enough. When I reached the rooftop, the freezing air chilled me to the bone. It was snowing. I put my stuff down by the access door. Then... I jumped.

        "No!" Kacchan screamed as he grabbed my arm. I tried to get free from his grasp, but failed. He pulled me back up on the roof. "Why!?" he screamed at me, but I couldn't hear him. I fell over and passed out.

       I woke up in a hospital bed. "Wha-" I mumbled. "I-Izuku?" A voice said beside me. I turn to look beside me and I see my big brother, Kacchan, and my father. "W-where am I" I ask weakly. "The hospital. You tried jumping off the roof." My father said. Once my eyes had focused, I looked at my father. What I saw amazed me. Was he, crying? He was! They were genuine tears too. "W-why are you c-crying dad?" I asked extremely confused. "I was very worried, my son, why would you pull a stunt like that?" he asked me with real concern. "W-Why would you care? You've never noticed me anyways," I say sitting up, obviously upset. "That is untrue, I have just been busy." He says defensively. "Too busy to realize I was getting hit by mom, too busy to realize I was being physically bullied," I had started crying," Too busy to realize I had stopped talking, too busy to realize I had started self-harm? Wow what an 'amazing' father!"

      I realized what I had said. My father looked upset. "I-I'm so-sorry." I stuttered. He started walking towards me. I was prepared to get hit, but instead I was pulled into a hug. "I'm so very sorry Izuku, my boy." My father said as he hugged me. I hugged him back. The hug broke and I forgave my father in the end. 

(tbc)

(373 words)