All About Us

Author's Note: I blame myself for reading a fanfic about this pair and I love these two together. So I had to write a fanfic about them. I hope I did them justice. They might be OOC but when it comes to feelings, who doesn't? Let me know if there's mistakes ('cause I don't have a betareader, sadly but I did check this a few times before posting) and if you want more of these two. It has been a long time since I wrote something

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Arthur Pendragon wasn't sure when did it became a thing for them to have lunch together but it started out sometime after the Sixth Singularity when he couldn't find an empty seat in the cafeteria. Normally there would be an empty table or two but this time it was filled with both Servants and the Chaldea employees. He walked pass several tables searching for a place for him to enjoy his lunch and sighed, relief that there was an empty space beside a familiar Servant.

And from that moment onwards they would usually have lunch together at the same table – with or without the company of others.

Arthur chewed a small piece of chicken that had been thrown into his mashed potato, listening to his friend as she described what had transpired in Chaldea during the mission he was deployed the day before. Every now and then he would add his input and chuckle when something humorous happened.

In truth, he wasn't really paying attention to what she said – well, he does listen to what she said but he was mesmerised by her. Arthur could only stare at her amethyst eyes as they were laced with passion and happiness. She would make arm gestures as she explained the events that happened. Even underneath the fluorescent light, her hair shined like gold.

He realized was too out of it when she posed him a question and would have missed if it wasn't for her shifting in her seat, uncomfortably. In fact, Arthur didn't even realize when did Jeanne had gone silent.
"Do you ever resent them for falling in love with each other?" the blonde asked slowly, pushing aside the red beans with her fork. She risked a glance towards the fair-haired male sitting across her and saw that he froze at her unexpected question – in reality, it made him snap back to reality. Her face heated up in embarrassment. "I-I-I mean –"

Arthur laughed at the sight of her embarrassed. She reprimanded him for laughing at her while throwing a poor attempt of a glare. It made him laugh harder. To be honest, he wasn't expecting for the saint to ask him such question and she was the first person – or Servant – who dared to mention it. The other Servants had merely dared to mention the Battle of Camlann – particularly Gilgamesh – which was a sore subject to him, Arturia and Mordred. Even if he and Arturia were from a different version of world but the legend stayed the same.

Within the last few moments in his life, he was angry – furious, even to both Lancelot and Guinevere. Who in their right mind wouldn't? His spouse having an affair with one of his most trusted knight was something that he didn't imagine that would happen to him. Arthur remembered the days when he would spend days occupied with the kingdom's needs in order to push the incident in the corner in his mind. However, it plagued him during the night where he was most vulnerable. Thinking how long has it gone without him knowing that his wife was tangled in these same sheets that they shared with another man. The same night, he left his chamber opting to sleep in another room. After he had calmed his anger, not long after, he arrived with the same conclusion he told Jeanne.

Arthur sobered and turned to the saint, his eyes serious. "I don't," was his reply. "I was angry at them but I couldn't hate them. It was my fault for neglecting her." He looked down and scooped a spoonful of mashed potato. "Even after everything I still loved Guinevere. Pretty pathetic if you ask me."