Epilogue

George's POV:
I looked out the window from my hospital bedroom. Everyone down there looked like little ants...little ants that could be crushed so easily. "George Beard?" A nurse questioned as she entered my room. I sit up straight and move my arm gently as I continue to look outside. "There are two guests who want to see you but, first, I must check on your arm." The Nurse explained and I sighed. "Now, don't complain, boy. You're lucky you didn't lose too much blood from your arm being ripped off." The Nurse responded as she walked over to the side of my bed. She grabbed my shoulders and checked on the bandaged side of my body. She noted it was a little stained with dried blood but, she thought nothing of it as little bits of blood continued to drip from my injury. She then proceeded to see if there was anything else wrong with me such as new cuts, bruises, or wounds that they never saw before. For some reason, my fall was so bad because of my arm being ripped off that they keep finding new wounds every day since the accident. "Guess what, George..." She mumbled as she walked over to the cabinet. "I found another cut." She added as she brought out some bandages and rubbing alcohol. She lifted up my shirt slightly and poured rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball then, she began to lightly dab the cotton ball against my cut. I hiss slightly in pain at the burning sensation of the alcohol against my skin. Yet, as soon as it started, it was over as she removed the cotton and lightly dabbed a napkin against my cut before finally putting a bandage on it. "And done. You're welcome again, dear." She spoke as she smiled slightly.

I nodded slightly as I continued to look down through my window. I could hear her sigh in disappointment again, it wasn't surprising to hear. You get used to it after a while. "George, when will you respond normally? You just respond to medical procedures and never to visits or nurses trying to help you." She explained, concerned. "I'm sorry...thank you. Anyway, who are my visitors?" I asked as I finally looked away from the window. I could see her face of worry and disappoint turn into an expression of reassurance and happiness.

"Well, they said it's a surprise so, I'll go get them." She replied, giggling softly as she went to put away the rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, napkins, and bandages. She finally left the room to get my visitors which left me all alone. I didn't think much of it as I once again looked out the window to look at the people below. It was almost calming to see people just living their lives. It was calming to see the cars pass by. It was calming to see the children play with each other or on the playground. It was calming to see other workers other than medical workers do their job.

It was almost calming to see people live their lives and not worry about other things other than themselves. But, then again, that is where the fun begins. They would never suspect someone to kidnap, rob, or even murder them. They would never suspect for someone to take over the world and become slaves to the one who ruled them. Oh, how calming, interesting, and a little fearful was that thought. I heard a few small giggles come from the other side of the door and I sighed as my smile disappeared.

Well, there went daydream mode. The door clicked open to reveal Harold, Melvin, and Heidi at the door with the biggest smiles on their smiles and a cake in their hands. "Surprise!" They all exclaimed yet, I ignored the commotion and looked out the window. "Come on, George. Be more responsive to us, can you believe it is already our graduation from Junior year? Time moves fast, huh, buddy?" Melvin explained as he walked to my bed and nudged my arm. I looked at him and I shrugged my shoulders, I couldn't even attend my graduation because of my condition. How was I supposed to know how it feels?

There was a moment of silence as I realized how everyone looked at one another for directions. "George? When will you normally talk to us? I miss that part of you..." Heidi spoke, sighing afterward. "I dunno..." I mumbled back as I shrugged my shoulders yet again. "Well, at least, you answered that time. Let's have a slice of cake to celebrate!" Heidi exclaimed as she set the cake on my bed. She opened the lid of the cake and started to cut the cake into even slices for us four.

She handed me a slice of cake first and I nodded slightly as I took out. I didn't even bother to grab a fork or even have the thought to eat the cake. "George, buddy, aren't you gonna eat the cake?" Harold asked as he stood beside me. "Don't talk to me..." I mumbled as I glared at him. "Woah, what did I do to you? I was mind-controlled when I did the things I did. What's wrong now?" Harold replied in a surprised tone. "If you would have ignored that random boy and headed immediately to the Treehouse, this wouldn't have happened and I would still have my arm," I yelled back as I threw my cake on the floor.

"George...I swear I didn't mean what I said and I didn't know this would happen!" Harold exclaimed, desperately. "A traitor like yourself would say that. Too typical. Too classic if you ask me. Think of a better excuse." I replied, my arm against my shoulder as I glared at him. There was a long moment of silence as Harold looked down in shame and Melvin and Heidi cleaned up the mess I made. It's really fun to see those two clean up a mess that I did. It's fun to see Harold hurt by a few words that I said.

I smirked quickly before continuing to look out the window of my hospital room.