ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

"Is it weird to be feeling nervous about this?" Koushi asked, nervously wringing his hands together to try and keep his mind away from how out of place he felt in his casual clothes while standing in front of the obviously posh restaurant

(Y/n) tossed him an amused look over her shoulder, waving her hand for him to hurry up as she approached the main entrance of Hinansho. "I wouldn't know, Suga," she replied. "I've grown up around here, remember?" The place was closed for the night, but she ignored that and pulled a set of keys out of the pocket of her joggers, unlocking the door and holding it open for him. "But I promise that there's nothing to be worried about when no one's around." 

He raised an eyebrow at her as he passed her to enter, immediately taking in the interior with a strange sense of amazement because he was unlikely to be able to afford to be standing somewhere so expensive, and yet here he was. "And otherwise it is something to be worried about?" 

"Not really." She shrugged. "But I get being intimidated by all the fancy people and their fancy table manners." 

Koushi smiled in amusement at her 'eloquence', finding her flippant tone endearing as he followed her further into the establishment. "Nice," he breathed, looking around at the vastness of the room and the modern decor. "I like the lights," he added, pointing at the row of small bulbs that lined the middle of the walls enclosing the space. 

"Mom hired a good interior decorator," (Y/n) agreed, nodding. She found his interest in the place a little strange since this was all the norm for her, but she appreciated Suga's excitement over something her mom put her work and soul into. It made her feel proud- of her mom, and weirdly, of Koushi as well. 

Tugging at the sleeves of his gray hoodie, he announced, "I feel extremely under-dressed right now." 

(Y/n) shot him a deadpan look. "I'm practically in my pajamas right now, Suga," she pointed out, gesturing at herself. "You're fine, trust me." She wasn't even lying. By the time rehearsal had ended for the day, she was so tired, even the prospect of seeing Suga couldn't bring her to put too much effort into her appearance.

As such, she'd declared her graphic tee, joggers and black jacket acceptable and left the house with a goodbye to her mother. At least she'd brushed her hair though. 

"We look pretty ridiculous standing in Hinansho like this," he observed with a chuckle. 

She grinned at him. "When else are you gonna get a chance like this, right?" 

Eyeing the girl in front of him and the way the light behind her made it seem like she was the one glowing, Koushi nodded slowly, smiling shyly at her. "Right." 

For a moment, (Y/n) was thrown off by the softness of his gaze and the fact that he was looking right into her eyes with a meaningfulness that had her face heating steadily. She stuffed her hands into the pockets of her jacket, clearing her throat as she looked away in search of a distraction to fill up the anticipatory silence between them. When her eyes found a table for two in the middle of the room, she grinned. "Oh, you should sit down!"