Chapter 1. "Meeting Her"

• Dedicated to Jaysan Mae Nunez

This is just a sample of my work. I wanted to share it to all of you, and if you like it i'll upload the rest. And please tell me what you think about this sample it means alot to me. Thank You!! 

- Justin Ross.

-CHAPTER 1. Meeting "Her"

"Hi" Its a simple two letter word but its basically how love starts. And how it started never ending conversations and joyful nights. And how do i know you ask?, simple... Because it's how mine started, that simple two letter word brought her into my life, you will just have to keep reading this book to know who this "her" is.

It was a beautiful march 24th, summertime and school was finally over, I went home after the last day of classes ended. After i changed my colthes i went outside and sat at a bench in our garden, and took my phone out of my pocket. There was a text from Carl, he was one of my bestfriends he asked me if i wanted to go mountain biking.

"Hey justin, wanna go shred some Trails?" he said

"Sure meet me at my house at 4:00 

Estanza?"

"Sure bro".

But he didn't arrive at 4:00. Carl was always late when i set schedules. Then at exactly 4:37 i heard someone ring the doorbell, "finally i thought you will never arrive" i said with a sarcastic voice, he laughed and apologized. We left at 4:50 and started the tiring climb up to the top of the mountain.

Once we reached the top we rested for a couple of minutes to catch our breath and carl also needed to release some fluids. After that we made our decent into the steep and technical trails of estanza. After that we went to the boulivard a long road by the bay, alot of people where jogging that afternoon.  

We ate at pares king, our favorite stop after a day full of thrill ended. While we where eating i noticed that my "rear derailleur" was bent, if you don't know what that is... its the part that helps the bike change it's gears anyways it had to be replaced. When i got home i got changed, "l'll go to the bike shop carl was telling me about tomorrow" i said to myself.

I went there at 4:00 not alot of people that day i approached a long haired guy, his hair matched the length of his face shaggy and black coloured. He was standing behind a glass counter with parts inside it being displayed.

"can i help you sir? " he said hapilly  

" the names jorlan by the way".

I couldn't answer because i was struck by this beautiful girl wearing a floral dress. She looked amazing, she was sitting behind jorlan resting her arms on a wooden desk. i just had to know her name, then i answered.

"oh... hi i am looking for a RD, mine broke"

"here you go sir that will be 1500php" he said.

I was still looking at her she didn't catch me because she was busy texting on her phone. Then it came to my mind "maybe she already has a boyfriend" but i still wanted to know her.

"hey?... Sir?, are you okay? " he said while flicking his fingers at me.

" oh yes, yes i am fine... Here", i handed him the money for the RD.

"thank you sir!" jorlan said with a smile on his face.

I was still looking at that girl, and after a short stare. I went to the door but as i walked, there was another girl that entered the shop and walked past me she looked alot like the girl i saw sitting behind Jorlan. "Maybe it's her sister" i said to myself she saw me looking at her, then she smirked at me and went to the back of the shop.

After i got home, i was still thinking about her i just can't get her out of my mind, and then my phone buzzed. It was carl,

"Hey bro want to go to lamba tomorrow? " he said with a fairly deep voice.

Lamba was a steep and long downhill road starting from the church near our home, lamba ends a the boulivard so i agreed with carl's idea.

" sure bro, 3:00pm tomorrow? " i said

" Okay, see you! " and then the phone cliked silent.

I woke up early because i couldn't sleep well. I guess that girl was still in my mind, i tried to just forget her and just move on but my brain kept on thinking what it would be like to hold her hand. A just sat outside and thought of that "God she's beautiful" i said, thinking about her.

When we finished our ride from lamba i told carl that i need to get my bike tuned but that was mostly just an excuse i made just to see her again. when we got to the shop i looked through the window to look for her. She was inside sitting behind the desk like before, i still didn't have the courage to talk to her. I noticed that there was another girl beside her, it was the girl i walked past the other day. Now i am sure that she was the sister of the girl that i liked, simply because thay called each other "sis". And out of nowhere i heard someone shout "hi" to me... It was her sister.

"hey... what's your name? " she said with a friendly smile on her face.

" I... I, i am justin" i said, half smiling.

She nodded and smiled "nice to meet you" then she went to her sister and sat. I still didn't know there names, and then i said to myself "i am not leaving until i know her name" and then i faced them and politely asked there names.

"uhm, hi i am sorry i didn't catch your names" i said with a smile on my face.

her sister answered first. "i am jackie" and then she introduced her sister that was standing beside her "this is my younger sister, Jaysan". She smiled at me and said Hi. Her smile was gorgeous... Then her sister asked.

"so... Where do you go to school"

"BU high" i said proudly

I already knew that jaysan was a shy girl she didn't talk that much. Her sister was the one that kept asking questions, i felt like i was bieng interviewed but in a good way.

"Hey we have to go my sister still needs to study" her sister said. But then jaysan followed.

"I hope you join the race" she said joyfully.

"i will" i said, but i didn't really know about the race. But i wanted to impress her.

Then they said goodbye and got inside a black montero sport and left. I saw jaysan waving goodbye as the car backed out of the parking space, That made me happy. As i exited the shop, i saw the poster for the race that jackie was talking about. It was a enduro race the fastest rider to get to the bottom of the mountain wins. Then i noticed that the race was at ormoc city, leyte and that was pretty far but i wanted to impress her, so i joined.

The race was on april 4th. So i started training i was persistent to win or atleast get in the Top 5. I trained for 2 weeks, for once i felt ready and i was determined to win. Carl didn't join though he said that his parents won't allow him to go to ormoc because it was really far.So he just said Goodluck and hoped the best for me.

End of CHAPTER 1. You finished the sample!! Yay! and Thank You... :)