Chapter 1: Home.

"Bye honey! We'll be back soon!" My dad yells from the doorway.

"Bye! Have a safe trip!" I yell back, excited to have the house to myself for the week. My parents are leaving on a trip, and that means I'll be alone for a whole week.

I watch from the window as they drive off, officially leaving me on my own. I decided to make some popcorn and que up one of my favorite animes. Akatsuki no Yona.

"Shalalala my oh my look like the boys too shy he ain't gonna kiss the girl~" I sing as I dance around my kitchen, waiting for the popcorn to finish.

Suddenly, the lights go out, I jump and shriek as I'm left in darkness, the only light coming from my laptop.

"Son of a bitch… Really? Now?" I complain, feeling around to get to my phone and call the power company.

I jump as I feel breath on my neck, and turn around, wildly swinging at whatever's behind me.

Nothing.

Whispers sound from around the room and only seem to grow louder as I panic, running into a wall and pressing against it.

A figure is illuminated by my laptop light and glides across the floor, slowly coming closer and closer.

"Stay back, slut!" I yell, hoping to good it'll just leave me alone.

Hands reach out and wrap around my neck, I claw desperately as they squeeze, cutting off my airways.

I kick and punch, tears rolling down my face as my fear grows.

Please, I don't want to die!

What will my parents think? My friends?

Someone help me!

Then, darkness consumes me.

---

Waking up was not pleasant. Ever.

Especially not now.

As consciousness slowly comes back to me I am made aware of several things.

One, I am freezing cold.

Two, I am laying down.

Three, I'm outdoors.

Groaning in pain, I rub my neck and sit up, wondering how the absolute hell I got here. I looked around and saw that I was surrounded by tall trees, crickets chirping at the dark sky. The full moon my only light as it peeks through the leaves.

Oh shit, was I brought here by that guy?!

I shakily stood to my feet, taking stock of myself. Checking for injuries.

Well, I still have all my limbs and my clothes are a little ripped. Plain jeans and a (F/C) shirt dirtied by the ground, as well as my combat boots. I place a hand to my throat and wince when pain envelops me.

Okay, ow. That's going to bruise.

"Okay, mission objective, find civilization" I muttered. It seemed like the best option.

My foot nudged against something, and I reached down into the grass, feeling around until my hand hit an item.

My phone!

My hope swiftly died however, seeing that I had no reception out here.

Alright, the only thing I can do now is start walking!

---

Fuck my life.

I had been walking for hours and hadn't found anything at all. I was almost certain I had been walking in circles.

Oh hey, there's that rock that looks like a weasel.

"Fuck you, trees!" I yell, frustrated and exhausted.

Just as I was about to lay in the dirt and accept death, I felt a buzz come from my pocket.

Quickly taking out my phone, I see that I have a text message, but still no signal… what?

Unknown:

Walk north. Don't freak out.

What the fuck? Am I being messed with?

But, with no other options, it was all I could do. Maybe they were trying to kill me, maybe they were trying to help me. Who knows? Not me! But I have no idea what to do, so, seems like my only choice.

Alright, time to get moving again!

---

Half an hour and severely aching feet later, I find myself in front of a small cottage, the roar of a waterfall nearby.

This looks very familiar.

The cottage borders on being a shack, looking like it was just scrambled together, with odds and ends like wind chimes and vases haphazardly placed around.

I walked to the door, hoping that whoever lives here will be willing to help me, after all, the text told me to come here.

Knock knock. "Hello? Is anyone there? I need a little help."

A few moments pass until a soft light shines through the window, and the soft padding of feet hesitantly approach the door.

I steeled my nerves praying that it wasn't a serial killer, and the door flew open.

Nothing could have prepared me for this.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

A young man's small figure glows in the candlelight, an annoyed and apprehensive look on feminine features, apricot hair mussed up from sleep.

Yoon?