Chapter 2: The One With Some Guy Named Phil

It was an intense day for Finn as he waited in the hospital lobby. He paced the room while other visitors watched him with skepticism. Finn suddenly looked up as Aj walked off the elevator with a man covered in tattoos.

"There you are! Where have you been? I've been waiting for hours." Finn said nervously as Aj approached him.

"I saw you pull into the parking lot right before me Finn, you couldn't have been up here for more than five minutes." Aj told him.

"Well it felt like hours." Finn mumbled under his breath.

Aj looked at Finn with concern and let out a sigh.

"If this is too much for you then you can walk away, Finn. Phil and I can raise this baby together and-." Aj began to say before Finn interrupted her.

"Who the hell is Phil?" Finn asked in confusion.

"This is Phil." Aj said as she pointed to the man standing to her right.

"I'm Phil." He added.

Finn looked at him for a moment with disdain.

"April?" A nurse asked as she entered the waiting room.

Aj smiled politely at the nurse as she waved her back to the room.

"Come on." Aj told Finn and Phil.

The nurse gave the three of them and awkward look as they made their way back to the hospital room. Finn crossed his arms and stared a whole through Phil as the nurse sat Aj up on the examination table.

"The doctor will be in shortly." The nurse said after checking Aj's vitals.

The three of them waited in an awkward silence for a moment before Finn finally spoke up.

"So are the two of you together or is this Phil dude your personal body guard?" Finn asked Aj.

Phil looked at Finn in confusion.

"We're together, Finn." Aj said.

"And how did uh.. how did you guys meet exactly?" Finn asked.

Aj held her stomach and waited a moment before speaking.

"Well.. You remember a few months ago, right? You know when I found out you had been cheating on me with Sami?" Aj asked.

Finn looked down uncomfortably at the mention of his former lovers name.

"I went to the pub and poured my heart out to the bartender-." Aj began to say.

"I'm the bartender." Phil added.

Finn glanced over at Phil in annoyance.

"I probably had a little too much to drink and-." Aj began to continue before the doctor walked into the room.

"Hello everyone, my name is Dr. Baker." She introduced herself.

Phil, Aj, and Finn all gave the doctor an awkward look. Dr. Baker observed the three of them as she tried to piece together their situation.

"You must be April?" Dr. Baker asked as she pulled a chair up to the examination table.

"Aj." She corrected her.

Dr. Baker gave her a reassuring smile.

"And the two of you?" Dr. Baker asked.

"I'm Phil" He introduced himself as they shook hands.