Chapter 1

She was frozen. She stood there staring at him with an expression she knew was defeat. She looked down shaking her head, taking a step back from him, and mumbling the five words that intimately hurt him the most "I knew you couldn't change.."

"Devon?" she snapped out of it feeling a cold presence on her shoulder. She perked up once she saw it was Lilia. "You alright dev?" she asked with a soft chuckle. "Never better" she replied with a small laugh.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, scrunching her nose a bit. Devon looked at her and shrugged "not much really..." The truth was she had a lot on her mind, and all of it had to do with the person who caused them to be in this situation in the first place.

Lilia nodded a bit and began talking about her day. Dev lightly traced shapes on the table with the tip of her finger trying to focus on the girl, but she couldn't suppress her thoughts about the previous day.

He looked down at her, a small smirk growing on his face. He knew he had this kind of power over her since he knew her every weakness. "Come on love..you know I care about you more than anyone in the world.." he spoke, softly rubbing her cheek with his thumb.

"Oh please Jack, you expect me to believe this bullshit? Y-you're gonna use me and leave like always .." She frowned knowing deep down she was right. He stepped closer to her, resting his soft hand against her cheek before leaning in pressing his lips to her cheek before whispering. "I've changed Devy...just let me show you okay? Give me another chance love."

Her breath hitched as he moved closer, melting at the touch of his delicate lips on her skin. Being this close only made what she was about to do even more compelling. She leaned in just enough to close the residing space between them by pressing her lips to his. He kissed back moving his hands down to her waist, lifting her so her now weak legs were wrapped around him.

After getting what he wanted once again he turned to Devon and chuckled. "You're so easy to manipulate" She felt her heart drop to her stomach, the familiar feeling of being used took over.  "You said you changed.."

Jack snickered at her words and ran a hand through his messy brown curls. "Oh, Devon...baby, I say a lot of things but it doesn't imply that I merely mean it. I said that to get what I wanted and as always it never fails." 

She chuckled sadly, hardly able to look at him. "You are an asshole Jack" She blinked away the tears in her eyes. "I knew it. I knew you couldn't change"

For once he felt something. His heart sunk to his stomach and he swallowed hard. He looked at the dreary girl in front of him, feeling somewhat apologetic about his previous actions. He shook his head hastily and his gaze shot to the floor. "I can change Devon. I just don't have somebody I want to change myself for."

He walked out swiftly, a loud slam of the door following behind him. She laid on her side as a few unworthy tears fell down her cheek. She knew she shouldn't be this distressed about the boy, he's done this as long as she's known him. Over time she had fallen for him, which is why it hurt so much.

Lilia sipped her coffee causing her to snap back into reality and look at her. "Sounds like you had quite the day lils" She chuckled a bit. Lilia nodded and looked at the blue-eyed girl. "You know you're my best friend right? which means I know when you're lying."

She cleared her throat and glanced at her. "What are you talking about?" Lilia sighed a bit. "Come on Dev I know you better than this.. tell me what's going on in that head of yours."

She took a deep breath as she fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist and quickly looked away from Lilia striving to avoid the look she was most certainly going to receive. "I slept with Jack" she muttered softly.