Chapter 1

Mike Wheeler was laying on his bed watching the ceiling. He felt alone and sad. He missed his now ex-girlfriend and his best friend. Sadly, he decided to break up with El when she left. Even though he loved her, he wanted a fresh start since he hated the idea of a long-term relationship. He was just a 15 year old boy, a teenager, so he didn't want to hold on to someone he was barely going to see.
His friends helped him through the break up, like they did the first time, and he was now much better than the first month El and Will were gone.
The whole party missed them but Mike had lost the two most important people in his life so it was reasonable that he was having a harder time.
Although he was sad, he was determined to meet new people, Of course he wasn't going to forget Will and El but he was definitely going to spend more time with people in real-life than on the phone.
Mike would call the Byers really often the first two months, to talk to El mostly, to see how she was doing since they left things good between them, they were still friends and they cared for each other.
He also talked to Will a lot, about D&D mostly.

It had been 5 months since they left, Mike was ready to move on and find new people so he decided to stop wasting time and went on a walk to see if he could make any friends.
After walking a few blocks, he saw this pair of teenagers, a boy and a girl. They were fighting.
—Stop being si dramatic Debrah!— the boy said
Mike got a bit closer to listen what the fight was about
—I'm not being dramatic you asshole! You broke my walkie-talkie!—the girl yelled, angrily.
Mike stared at them as they continued to fight. From what he heard, the girl was clearly right, the boy broke something that was her's.
After a few screams, Mike got distracted for a second and looked away. In a sudden, the yelling stopped. As soon as he turned around to see what happened he found both the boy and girl were staring at him.
—What was so interesting dude?— the brunette boy said
—Nothing nothing!— Mike said, a little embarrassed
—You were starring at my sister!— he said
The girl just looked at Mike with a confused look.
—I'm sorry man okay? I was just listening to your fight— Mike tried to explain himself
—It was none if your business dipshit— the boy said even more mad
—wait maybe it is— the girl added, smiling
both boys looked at her with a confused look, specially mike.
—who was right?— she asked
mike stayed silent. He didn't want to admit the girl was totally right, he was a bit scared of the boy.
—come dude! who was right?—the girl asked again
—you— mike whispered
the girl just laughed —told ya!— she yelled at her brother
Mike couldn't help but smile