Chapter 1: What do you do?

Julia silently opened her bedroom window, relying on the moonlight to see so she wouldn't cause any alarm by turning on her bedroom light at this dark hour of the night.

She quietly grabbed her bag, swung it over her shoulder then stepped onto window’s ledge. She turned and silently cracked the window so it wouldn't close completely as she got her things to secure it in place.

She reaches into her bag, grabbing an old book of fairy tales she had. Then gently, she put it between the window and it's frame. She scowled a little in concentration as she did so. 

Julia then slowly climbed down, making sure to not lose grip or slip down the rooftop seeing as her room was in the attic of the building. She stepped down, using the drain as leverage and shimmied to the side as she finally made the last step and landed on the soft floor of grass. She looked up at the sky and gazed up in awe at the beautiful moon which was as full as ever.

Her toes curled, bare against the dew grass. 

Julia sighed a little in comfort as she grinned grightly, bunching the ends of her nightgown in her hands as she ran freely down from her home and down to the town’s lake.

She then ran as fast as she could, down the hill, attempting to stop just yards from the lake but lost her footing, she tripped and rolled slightly, only able to stop herself a mere yards from the late summer lake water.

Julia took a big breath, as she giggled happily. I mean she had every reason to she only sneaks out every other full moon.

This was and has been her only escape for twelve years. 

This was her only contact outside.

Why?

Her grandparents practically have her trapped in her room, shifting and giving her food through a window in the panel in the floor that leads to the house hall of the second floor. 

She has her own bathroom and a room decorated and shelves lined with books- but no contact outside. 

Julia sighed at the thought of her trapped and secluded room back home.

She didn't want to have to go back.

Tomorrow or how she supposed seeing as it was past midnight based on the moon’s placement in the sky; it was her seventeenth birthday now then.

“Another year has passed and nothing but merely six times throughout the entire year- only outside for two or three hours.”

She muttered quietly but scowled and shook her head, turning her sour look into a grin. 

“Hey maybe for this birthday I can treat myself?”  She continued to ask aloud.

“Maybe I could go out tomorrow night as well?”

She nodded with a sure humas she spent the rest of her few hours relaxing under the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning she woke up to the sounds of clanging on her trapdoor window. 

The sounds of grunting, something clanging too filled the air.

Julia groaned as she opened her eyes, turning and scanning her room finding her window she leaned up a bit to see the sun’s position.

“6:00?”She wondered aloud, confused as to why there was rucas below her. It was a sunday, grandpa wasn't at work then, and Grams waits till eight to leave her room and cook.

Suddenly her deep thoughts of why someone was awake were interrupted by the trap door suddenly- opened?

“What?” Julia asked aloud.

A pair of old, fragile, wrinkled fingers gripped the ledge of the now opened trapdoor and more and more of the body was relieved and climbing into the girl’s room.

“Grams? What are you doing here?” Julia asked as she sat up, confused. 

Her grandmother made it into the room and stood near the door, surveying the room she hadn't stepped foot in in nearly four years. Her grams had a sunflower yellow dress and a light bit of what Julia assumed to be makeup on her face.

Her pretty ghost white hair tied into a messy ponytail with a yellow ribbon, and her bright blue eyes landed on her granddaughter, grams stepped closer sad she shook her head.

“Ali- Julia, we need to talk.” She said softly, stumbling over her words.

“What about grams? Why are you here?” Julia asked, even more confused.

Grams seemed to flinch a little but took a stubborn step closer to julia. 

“Julia...” The older woman managed as she seemingly struggled to speak. “Julia-” She repeated.

“I need you to calm down.” 

The young girl nodded as she tried to calm her confusion a little.

“Okay Grams.” She said, still a little confused but listened.

The frail old woman took a deep breath and folded her hands.

“Julia, what have you been doing to keep yourself busy?”  

Juia blinked, stunned. ‘Did Grams know that i snuck out last night?’ She wondered.

“What do you mean grams?”

“What have you been doing during the days to keep yourself occupied?” Her grandmother seemingly struggled to say.

“Read? Clean? Nap?” She said, confused, she didn't have much more to do than that.

Grams sighed and nodded as she gave her granddaughter a soft smile.

“How do you feel about going to school?”

                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    

Hi pretties~! Your weirdo of an author here!
Why are you all here?
No Clue.
But you guys didnt expect that start did you? Normally chapters of books like this start with like an alarm or sibling or something like that but sneaking out a window was not expected was it?
Anyhow- what did you guys think? Is there anything i could or most likely change for sure? Is it easy to understand? Let me know so i can inprove.