Her.

Once we landed on Homeworld, the Crystal Gems stayed and they sent us back to Earth. 

As we were warping to the conservatory, my mind wouldn't stay silent.

Thousands of years ago, an empire spanning the entire Andromeda Galaxy was thriving with stronger gems and more advanced technology than the Milky Way. 

Then, everything was destroyed by one single event.

My mother. A temper tantrum destroyed an empire that had existed for eons.

Now, they're outraged, knowing that everything they worked for has been destroyed. 

And now I'm left to clean up her mess.

I saw Margo and Connie talking as I stood on the Warp Pad.

I covered my face as tears started to roll down my cheeks. 

"Luna! Are you okay, what's wrong?" Margo ran up to me and put her hands on my shoulders. I threw her arms around her and hugged her as tightly as I could.

"I hope this is a terrible nightmare." I sniffled. 

She stopped hugging me and wiped away my tears. "Come on, let's head in the house." We sat on the couch and Margo went into the kitchen. "While you were gone, I helped Lars at 'Spacetries', he helped me make the perfect Ube Roll." I could tell she was happy, but I couldn't reciprocate the same feeling. She walked back to me and place a cup of hot chocolate on the coffee table. 

I picked up the mug and took small sips of the drink. Margo sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder. 

"Do you think I'll ever get a second chance? They don't know who I am or what I am, they only see Black Diamond." I closed my eyes.

She stuttered slightly before giving a response. "I hope they do. You're not a terrible dictator like the diamonds were." 

She doesn't know my dilemma, but I'm glad she tries to make me feel confident. 

I put the mug in the sink once I finished it. "Oh! Bismuth was suggesting that I take a sword training class, what do you think?" Margo asked.

"Maybe we could fight side-by-side!" She smiled at me.

I closed my eyes and balled my fists. "That's... a conversation for later." 

"Also, there are no more gems to fear, no more to fight." I lied. 

I walked outside and rested on the railing. I felt a hand on my back and knew it was Margo. "Did space take a toll on you?" She asked.

"I guess you could say that. Everything's just... difficult. Everyone wants an answer from me but, I'm not her. I don't know why she did it." 

I stood back up and held her hand as we watched the sunset. 

For once, I felt at peace. 

Once it set, she looked over at me. "You know what this means?" I gave her a puzzled look. 

"Stargazing!" She was excited, but I tensed up.

"N-No. I don't want to go stargazing. Looking out there... I don't want to be reminded of it."

She nodded and we headed back inside. "Well, the gems haven't come back yet. They must be busy, huh?" 

I walked up the stairs and saw Steven already asleep. Lucky. 

"I guess we're sleeping on the couch." I shrugged.

"You can, my dad needs me at the bakery so I gotta head back." She looked at her phone and put it in her pocket. I kissed her goodbye and got comfortable on the couch.

Once I fell asleep, I was in a room with an old TV in front of me. In my hand, I had a VHS. The title read 'For Luna'. 

I put it into the VHS player and turned the TV on.

A diamond was sitting on her throne, with her hands in her lap.

Her gem was in the same place as mine.

She let out a sigh before confessing. 

"Luna, I understand that you might be upset at me. Seeing Andromeda through your eyes made me realize how... naive I was. They spoiled me, let me have as many colonies as I wanted, and nothing was ever my fault. When I had my uprising, they wouldn't let me have my way, then I destroyed their empire. All this time, I thought I was in right, but seeing Jade apologize to you... they took the blame, even though I ruined their eons of progress across the galaxy. It's all my fault." 

The TV went to static once the tape ended. 

It was Mom.