CHAPTER 11:

🥀 Mary 🥀

It was finally weekend, Mary woke up at dawn and went jogging; it was a little bit chilly since it's the end of Autumn but the fresh air cleared her mind; her legs and shins were protesting by the time she reached the highest spot in town to watch sunrise.

it was breathtaking; no other season can beat winter's early sunrises.
Thin clouds like cottons floated slowly through the sky, the ones which caught the sun's rays were tinted in rich peach while the ones closest to the sun were showered in a blinding yellow.

The sweat on her hands gleamed under the golden hour and the breeze cooled her sweating neck, she burst out laughing.

It felt good, it felt to good to be alive, to be healthy, to have a new chance everyday, to have a family, to live in dignity. Mary was grateful for everything regardless to those insignificant things.

She was all positive and self-confident when she got home, showered, had breakfast with her family. She talked to her mother like nothing happened despite the fact that her mom was a bit reticent.

Mary always feels guilty after arguing with her mom, seeing her grow old and realizing that fact she will not stay forever and someday she'll no longer be here; just the thought of it makes Mary want to cry.

After finishing some house chore, she decided to visit Dianna and chill.

                         •••

-"We're not hanging out a lot lately," said Mary polishing her nails on the bed of her bestfriend.

-"I know right ? I have a lot to tell you," said Dianna searching the drawers of her nightstand.

-"What are you even looking for?" Asked Mary blowing on her nails and held them out in the light to see the reflection of the deep blue nail polish on her hands.
-"Found it !" Dianna yelled and scurried towards the bed.

-"What's that ?" Asked Mary leaning on her elbows and cupping her face in her hands.

Dianna held a small folded paper in her hands; she unfolded it and held it out for Mary to see what's written on it.

      HI THIS IS MY NUMBER I DIDN'T GET THE CHANCE TO GIVE IT TO YOU PERSONALLY AND BELIEVE ME I DON'T ACT THIS WAY EVERYTIME I LIKE A GIRL PLEASE SAY YES.

It was written in a red pencil and in a really bad handwriting, the phone number was at the bottom of the paper, two red hearts at each side.

-"It's cute but also meh," Dianna beamed and then collapsed on the bed.
-"You got a love letter ?" Mary turned the paper in her hands laughing.

-"Who wrote you this ? There's no name in here," asked Mary sitting beside Dianna who lying on her back. She sighed and sat facing Mary.

-"A guy asked me to go on a date with him, you remember that boy with the ginger curly hair from middle school ? That's him. He moved from town three years ago but I still see him at art supply shop sometimes, last Tuesday he came to me and asked if I remembered him and I just nodded then we started talking about the quality of Canvas and turned out he's a really good painter."
Said Dianna playing with paper in her hands.

-"He seems soft, what's his name ?" Interrupted Mary watching Dianna.

-"Harry, anyway let me continue, we met at the shop another time and chattered a little bit, then he invited me to a Museum in the city." She said smiling and fidgeting with the hem of her pajamas.

-"He invited you to a Museum ? Man he took romantic dates into another level," Mary laughed and looked at Dianna with puppy eyes.

-"He left me this paper with the man in charge of the shop," sighed Mary's bestfriend.

-"And what did you decide ? Are going out with him?" Asked Mary eager to know Dianna's answer.

-"I think I think maybe I can go," her face warmed and a smile crept to her pale pink lips.

-"Oh My God you're going on a date," Mary squealed before covering her mouth with her hands.

-"Staaahp you're making me nervous, I don't even know what I'm going to wear or if I should call him first," Dianna said opening her wardrobe and eyeing the dresses there.

-"And then the princess was wrapped in the spell of love and desire," murmured Mary propped up on her elbow.

-"What the hell ?" Swirled Dianna laughing until tears soaked her flushed cheeks.

                            🥀

What do you think about Harry ? Would you like to go on a date in a museum ?