Change

SPOILER ALERT!

For those who haven't read the manga yet, please know that this story has a lot of spoilers.

You have been warned.

••••°°°••••°°°••••°°°••••°°°••••°°°••••°°°••••°

"Run!"

Giyuu shouted.

As soon as Tanjirou opened his eye, a huge explosion of black smoke came out of Muzan. It smelt like burnt meat and blood, it was unbearable to smell for poor Tanjirou.

Tanjirou wasn't in the best shape. His left eye was slashed, his shoulders were bleeding, and a lot of his bones were most likely broken due to the uncountable amount of times he fell and hurt himself thanks to the fortress that was now destroyed.

"What's happening?!"

Mitsuri shouted while she ran as fast as she could, away from Muzan and the black smoke.

"IS THAT ASSHOLE TRYING TO RUN AWAY?!!"

Sanemi stopped running and turned to Muzan.

"YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THIS! YOU'RE GOING TO PAY-"

Sanemi was quickly cut off by Giyuu, who was lifting him up and carrying him away from Muzan.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU PIECE OF-"

"I'm not going to let you get yourself killed."

The others quickly ran away as well. Unfortunately, a few of the weaker demon slayers dropped dead from breathing in too much of the black smoke.

"TANJIROOOOOOOOOOOOU"

Zenitsu cried out.

"Zenitsu, you're okay!"

Tanjirou said before looking at Murata, who was carrying Zenitsu.

"Thanks for taking care of him."

"You shouldn't thank me, that white haired demon kid helped him."

'White haired demon?'
'Is he talking about Yushiro?'
Tanjirou thought.

"Tanjiroooou, everything hurts!! I'm gonna die!!!"

"It's gonna be okay Zenitsu."

Tanjirou reassured him.

"THIS ISN'T THE END OF ME!"

Muzan shouted.

Tanjirou and the others looked at Muzan with anger and disgust.
Sanemi jumped out of Giyuu's grasp and ran after Muzan. He quickly stopped as Muzan was nowhere to be seen. The black smoke slowly disappeared and what's left of the demon slayers stopped running.

"WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO?!"

He shouted as he collapsed onto the ground, quietly sobbing to himself.

Some of the other demon slayers, including Tanjirou, collapsed onto the ground as well due to exhaustion.

"What do we do now? Muzan escaped.."

Giyuu said.

Kanao, who was standing near a crying Inosuke, looked at all the injured demon slayers. She then gathered enough courage to say;

"B-bring everyone to the Butterfly Estate!"

All of the pillars looked at her in awe. Kanao finally said something!
With Shinobu gone, she's the new head of the Butterfly Estate now, huh?

"Everyone, gather the fallen demon slayers. Once we've buried them, we will go to the Butterfly Estate to rest."

Himejima said.
He then approached Kanao.

"They would be so proud of you."

Kanao nodded with determination she never knew she had.

The others nodded and got to work.

Things are changing...

---------------------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I'm so sorry if there are any mistakes! This is my first time writing a fanfic seriously.
Stay tuned for more chapters to come!