5

A smile was on Waverly's face and Nicole hoped that she would be able to keep it there as much as possible. Slightly worrying Nicole, the smile faded and apprehension replaced it.

"I just have one thing to ask..." She began, her brown doe eyes peering into Nicole's. "Do you think you can keep our relationship a secret for a bit? Champ and I broke up not too long ago, and I'm not sure if I'm able to publicly state that I have a girlfriend..."

The immense joy Nicole had previously felt died down at this, disappointed in the request. She was ready to give Waverly the world, but how could she do that when the world couldn't know about them?

Despite this, Nicole understood Waverly's caution. Waverly was unsure about dating girls, which did throw up red flags in Nicole's experienced lesbian brain, but she was willing to give Waverly a chance. She felt right when Waverly was by her side, and hopefully it wouldn't lead to her demise.

"Yeah. I can do that."

"I'm sorry." Waverly apologized quietly, looking away from Nicole, aware of just what she was asking her to do. Nicole raised her hand to Waverly's face, gently brushing her cheek and coaxing her to look back into her eyes. There was no way Nicole could be upset with her like this.

"No, it's alright. Like I said, you can take your time and wait until you feel comfortable to let people know about us. Don't apologize." Nicole comforted. She placed a kiss on Waverly's forehead. It felt good to finally be able to do that.

"Thank you, Nicole."

Nicole wasn't in a rush to leave at all, she wanted to savor the time she had with Waverly. Especially with the situation they were in, Nicole knew the only time they could actually act like they were in a relationship was when they were alone together.

"Hey, since I'm not in any rush to go back to my place yet, do you want to hang out for a little while longer?"

"Yeah. I want to be with you longer, especially after how our past couple days have been." Waverly answered, almost looking a bit guilty. That guilt was quickly replaced with the usual bright and cheery disposition the head cheerleader usually presented. "Plus, didn't I warn you that you would be seeing a lot more of me?"

Nicole rolled her eyes playfully, clearing remembering the discourse. She really was serious about it, huh?

"Are you fine with just watching TV? There's not much really to do here, and I don't want to do something that could end up straining your finger. I promise we'll have a real date soon."

"Anything's alright with me, Waves." Really, Nicole could be doing anything at this moment as long as she was with Waverly. Nothing could ruin the happiness she felt now that Waverly was her girlfriend.

"There's that nickname again." Waverly loved when Nicole called her that. "You only used it when you let your true feelings through."

"Well, now I don't have to distance myself from you and try to ignore my feelings." Nicole smiled.

"Behind closed doors, you have me all to yourself." Waverly hummed, leaning in for another kiss.

Nicole really felt like she was dreaming. Or maybe she really did die and was in heaven. That would explain the angel right before her eyes. Every time Waverly made a move towards her, her heart skipped a beat. She had never felt this affection ever before in her life, completely taken by Waverly.

In quite possibly the most unfortunate time, the house's door bust open, Wynonna making her usual grand entrance. Both Nicole and Waverly quickly jumped away from each other, startled by the sudden entrance. Simultaneously, they cleared their throats awkwardly, almost being caught by Wynonna. Waverly flipped on the television, now across the couch from Nicole.