I Wonder..About You

"Please! I beg of you, Emperor Spriggan! Spare me! I won't do it again! I'll never commit another crime! SPARE ME!" The man begged, his voice raising entire octaves due to the fear that gripped his bones, tighter and tighter still.
Zeref smirked, and waved his hand, signaling to the executioner that it was time to put an end to the frightened, desperate screams that the frightened murderer emitted from his throat. Irene tilted her head down, making her quite large hat cover her eyes, the empty smirk still frozen on her face.
"Do it quickly, Your Majesty, I have work to do." Irene said. Beneath wide brim of the hat, her eyes gleamed with tears left unshed and unseen. Unfortunately, the hat did not keep her from seeing the criminal's face as the scythe sliced his throat open. As soon as his last breath left the dead man, Irene excused herself from the room. "I have work to do." She said, slamming the huge double doors behind her as she left the execution room.
As soon as Irene had the doors closed behind her, her smirk vanished. Irene sat down at her desk, took of her hat and stared down at the pile of paperwork on the wooden surface. He was a murderer. He deserved to die. She told herself repeatedly. Who am I trying to fool? It's still my fault that he died. That was still one more life that I've ended. She lifted her hands to the desk and stared at them, her trembling hands. How many more? She wondered. How many lives have I taken with these hands? I wonder... how many have you....Acnologia-sama?

The grass rustled, someone was there. In the same clearing as him. A human. Acnologia hated humans. They were so pathetic and weak, and they acted like the ruled the world, cruel to those around them. Acnologia whirled around, preparing to blast the intruding creature into oblivion. He lifted his arm, and froze. A young woman stood in front of him, cowering in fear. Her hair. Her hair was dark brown. Almost the exact shade of his queen's eyes. I wonder what you would say if I killed her...Irene-sama.
Acnologia lowered his arm, and, without a single sound, rose into the air and headed towards his cave. In just a little while he had landed in his cave. He trudged over to a rock in the back, where there were the most shadows, and where he felt more at home these years.
I'm a monster. Why do I feel the urge to kill every time a living being steps in front of me? Why? Is it because of what they all did to us, Irene-sama? Or am I simply becoming insane? I wish you were here so I could ask you.
Acnologia sighed. It might seem unbelievable, but even the mighty Dragon King felt lonely sometimes. But he knew it was dangerous to have company, dangerous for the company, that is. The only one he knew for certain that he wouldn't be able to kill was her. His queen.

They were the same. Both with cursed existences. Both had fallen so deep into their grief that humanity was almost nonexistent for them anymore. And both were once some of the kindest humans to exist. But could they be pulled out of their grief? By those around them and each other. Will light return to them when they're pulled out of the darkness of sorrow?