Chapter 4

[Kokichi fawns over his mega crush, food, and flirts before the plot continues. It's mostly about Kokichi's past, next (if you watched K-1) is Class Fight 😉 tho the name is pretty self explanatory 😆]

As the door shut, Kokichi felt a smile prick his lips. A warm wash of fluttery touch ran down his skin, sending tremors of giddiness to his nerves. It felt so nice to have a painless bond emotion. As dark emotions are torture, happy emotions felt so... Addicting, in a sense.

As if he wanted to feel that euphoric sensation forever. He let his head fall back to the pillow. His fingertips dancing over his cheeks that had brightened since seeing him. Hearing him. Allowing himself to enjoy the shock of delight he gets every time he touches the other. Not in a dirty way, of course not. Having Shuichi in his hands was the same as feeling as though he could protect him.

Kokichi held his hands up over his face. Admiring the bandaids and cleaned cuts coating his fingers. Ah, he still has the gentle touch stained into his mind. The ticklish feeling of those soft hands grazing his skin, followed by a deserved wash of stinging, then cured with a bandaid. Oh, how he placed it so delicately. Wrapping the bandaid around the cut with such tenderness.

Yet not even that struck him the hardest. Yes, Shuichi held his hand and took care of him, as if he wasn't riddled in flaws. When he was working off his shoes and scooting off his socks, revealing more cuts and bruises, ah. He was trying to cover his burning face as he felt him fix his open splits. With dried blood being cleaned, bandages shielding them, Kokichi's face had been a helpless rosy red.

He sighed. Tossing up the blanket and burying himself under the covers. He needed time to thaw from the numbing sense of hopeless love. He took another deep breath, holding it longer before letting go. He doubted his dorm had a pillow and blanket.

So Kokichi let himself indulge in the warmth of the covers, the softness of the mattress, and a pluffed pillow to cradle his head. Shuichi might not ever let him sleep here again,

So he let himself drift off.

-=o=-

"...Kokichi."

He was awake the moment the door opened. Even if he had been in a deep sleep. A sudden outburst of noise, soft or loud, will jolt him from the dead no matter the exhaustion.

For a moment his heart jumped to his throat, as he opened his eyes, he expected to be lying on his stiff bed in the Detention Center. With the figure of a foe about to grab a strong grip around his wrist. Though, much to his relief, it wasn't a creepy doctor-ish looking man looming over him.

Instead, Shuichi was standing by him. Much time must have passed, since the shadow in the room was dim with a lack of sun. Kokichi let go of a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. "Ah-haha, you scared me Shuichi. You should speak softer when waking me next time." He sat up, blinking at Shuichi who seemed to be holding something.

"Oh, sorry..." He said, softer, as requested. Kokichi pushed himself back so his back was to the bedframe, and his legs sat crisscrossed. Shuichi sat down,  holding a small container. "You're, hungry, right?" He said, placing his item between them. Pushing it closer to Kokichi.

Kokichi tilted his head as he stared at his gift. As he identified it, his jaw dropped as his hand covered his mouth in clear surprise. "Is..." He reached forward and held it in his hands. "Is this sushi...?" It was pitiful how his tone heightened as he asked. Staring in disbelief at a portion of food he hasn't had in years.