Chapter One.

“Hannah! Come here” Hannah’s mum called, Hannah got up from her chair and walked out of her room. “Yes mum?” Hannah’s mum turned around, her brown eyes glowing like the Imulsion outside the house. “We need to leave, the war is getting closer.” Hannah’s dad walked in with a chuckle. “Charlotte, there’s no need. The war isn’t even close to here. Go back to your room, Hannah and rest, you look tired.” Hannah nodded and walked back to her room, grabbing her book.

21/3/17.

“Mum is getting worried but my dad and I know that she’s got better things to worry about, my younger sister, Lily has a high fever and nothing can bring it down, we think it’s because she goes outside too much and gets too close to the Imulsion. She’s turning three in about a week. Dad knows a lot about war, he was from the Pendulum Wars. He told me stories about how he saved his best friend but lost another. He was the greatest.  What is that noise? I hear screaming.  Hannah Yeager out.”

Hannah ran out of her room and gasped, seeing a lot of blood from her mother. Hannah looked up and saw those things from the news. “Dad!!!” Hannah’s dad came running out of his room with a shotgun. “Shit, Locusts! Hannah please get your sister!” Hannah nodded and ran to the other room, but saw a lot of blood and a Locust with Lilies head in its mouth, Hannah gave another scream and ducked as it started shooting. “Hannah! Take this!” Hannah’s dad threw a Lancer at her and she caught and started shooting. “Die bitch!” 

After all of the Locusts were dead, Hannah and her dad had to pack up and leave. “Dad…. they’re dead…”

Hannah’s dad nodded and held her close. “We’ve got Gears coming to get us.”

Hannah looked at him. “Gears? Is that what they call themselves now?” Hannah gasped as her dad fell to the ground with a gunshot to the side. “DAD!!! I can’t lose you!” Hannah looked back and narrowed her eyes, shooting the one Locust that survived. “Bitch!” Hannah looked over at her dad and put her hands over his wound. “Dad stay with me!”

A Raven could soon be heard overhead and landed; four men walked off and walked over.

“Marcus Fenix. We got word that you were attacked.”

Hannah nodded and stood up. “Yes…but we took care of them. Please we’ve got to go, my dad is hurt.”  

Marcus nodded and looked at the two other men. “Dom, Cole, help this man to the Raven. They nodded and picked him up. Marcus looked back at Hannah. “So, can you tell me what exactly happened here?”

Hannah sighed and held the Lancer perfectly. “I was just in my room when my I heard my mother screaming, I ran out and saw her on the floor, on top of her was a Locust, my dad told me to get my sister but when I got there I was too late, the Locust had her head in its mouth…”

Baird looked at Hannah then at Marcus. “Marcus…. they have never done that before….”

Marcus nodded and looked at Hannah. “We’ll discuss everything back at Jacinto.”