Chapter One: The Silver Blade Tavern

Main Characters:
Odurn Highstone- Dwarf
Dallan Thorne- Human
Erran Nelar-Elf
Gurok Degurum- Orc
Millstone- town the story takes place in

     "Lads, when is the next job? I need some Ale and a good woman" Odurn says. He can drink more than I can and he's about half my size.
"We're supposed to meet up with a potential employer later, Odurn. He says his families heirloom was lost in a dungeon." Erran reads from the letter, Erran is a High Elf.
"GUROK NEEDS ALE," the large Orc screams.
We're sitting at the Silver Blade Tavern in our favorite town, Millstone.  It's a crusty old shit house but it has decent Ale. I don't understand how I got involved with three creatures and none of them purely human, especially an Orc. Then again, we're all no one's that our kinds left us to rot after the downfall of the capital. All six City States are in open war, and we're taking advantage of it. We've open a Dungeon Crawling business and a Bounty Hunting business. We've been making decent Gold, too. More than any of us have seen in a long time.

     We've been waiting at the Tavern for this client about half a day now. Some drunk worm bumps into Erran, and Erran isn't the fighting type.
"Why don't you go cool off? You're drunk mate," I say.
"Why don't ye fuck off or I'll stab ya!" he says as he unsheathes a dagger. Gurok stands up, and the entire Tavern goes silent. The drunk then reaches back and grabs a mug and tries to hit me over the head with it. I block it, and throw a punch that lands and hits him in the jaw, knocking him out cold. Four more of his guys stand up but Gurok stands in front of all us and screams,
"YOU NO HURT ME FRIENDS!," Erran has been teaching him the Common tongue, clearly not well enough.
"Gurok that's alright, these brutish men do not scare me," Erran says, while patting his shoulder. The four men sit down, and ignore their friend being arrested by the local guards. A man standing at the door signals us to come outside, I believe this is our employer.
"You guys stay here, I'll go out and see what's going on, also, get another round, on me," I say. They all agree. I head to the double doors and walk out after the man. It's beginning to snow, which doesn't go well with the mud. As I exit the Tavern, and then continue to the left. The man with he robe had disappeared. I quickly check around the building, and nothing. He's just gone, I draw my long sword as I see a blood trail on the ground.

   I have followed the blood trail for a while before I come upon a field with a man standing at the center of it, so I approach him cautiously. As I approach the strange man, the weather gets colder and becomes bitter.
"Sir, are you my employer? I was supposed to meet him at the Tavern!" I shout out. He continues to stand hauntingly crouched over, he seems almost paralyzed in his spot.
The man then spins around, his bones creaking.
"Dallan Thorne, you have been chosen. Trial one begins tomorrow, prepare for a fight," the man says. My blood runs cold, And then his body crumbles where he once stood. It begins to rain and the sky turns purple, all to be heard is a battle horn and the screaming. I need to get back to the Tavern.