Falling..

"Mishti! Mishti! Open your eyes Mishti! Please Mishti! Tell me you're angry with me! C'mon angry chorni, you can't give up on me. Not yet. Open your eyes. Tumhe pata hai na mujhe tumhari aankhein kitni pasand hai. Chalo, please ab iss Ajeeb Rajvansh ko aur pareshan mat karo na? Aur..aur..aaj tumhara birthday hai na, aur koi apna birthday aise manata hai kya? Please Mishti?" Abir kept trying relentlessly to wake Mishti up but the exhaustion and the pain was finally catching up on her. "Mishti tum apna blue belt use Karo mujhe chalo! Show me ki tum abhi bhi meri strong angry aur violent chorni ho. Please Mishti, I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU MISHTI." Abir sobbed. "Ajeeb Rajvansh..I..I..love you too.." gasped Mishti. That brought a smile on his face. "Agar tum mujhse pyaar karti ho to chalo utho..yahaan se bahar bhi nikalna hai..tumhara birthday celebrate karna hai.." said Abir. Mishti mustered up all her strength but the weight of the words exchanged between them hadn't registered yet and abir was glad for it. "A...a..bir.." moaned Mishti. Her head hurt and she was feeling dizzy now. Abir looked up and saw a blazing log of fire rolling over the roof of the pit. "MISHTIIIIIII.." he screamed and tried to shield her from the fire by trying to protect her in his embrace. But this girl was no ordinary girl, as soon as she saw the blazing log and heard the panic in his voice she knew that he would try to protect her first. So being the strong person that she is, she pushes him away and the force of the push makes Abir lose his hold on her and he lets her go, only for her to come in the line of fire. She tries to protect her face and ends up burning parts of her hand and collarbone. "AAAAAHHHHH!" She screams. Abir realised what Mishti has done and pulls her close to him and away from the log. He realises that the fire will burn the pit and so he grabs Mishti and tucks her under his chin. The pain has made Mishti lose consciousness again and now Abir is truly scared. He manages to climb up with great difficulty because Mishti doesn't even have the energy to or consciousness to hold on to him. But he finally manages to reach the top. He scoops Mishti in his arms and moves towards the tents so he can have a better look at her and then take her to the hospital. Somewhere in this process Mishti had hurt her head, probably when she fell down and he can see the gash on her head with dried blood on it. He reaches the tent only to find it in flames. "Tumhe kuch nai hoga. Main tumhare saath hoon.." he keeps chanting this and reaches the resort. The receptionist on seeing them injured immediately takes them to the doctor. Nannu and Kunal were already there as Kuhu was still under observation. Nannu glances up to see abir carrying a limp Mishti in his arms. He gets terrified and he gets up and runs to them. Kunal quickly follows. "Ms Teapot? Mishti? Mishti? Isse kya hua hai abir? Kahan the tum dono?" Nannu starts asking questions. Abir doesn't even bother answering them and starts shouting for a doctor. "Doctor! Doctor!" The doctor quickly guides him to a vacant room, where abir is asked to put Mishti down on the bed. While he's doing that he realises that Mishti is clinging on to him for dear life. His eyes water at the sight of her. The skin of her hands, shoulder and collarbone peeling and red because of the burns. A gash on her forehead and her face devoid of all colour. Her lips nearly white. Deathly white. A chill passes through his spine when he realises just what could've happened. He caresses Mishti's head and loosens her grip on him and places that hand on her stomach. He presses a kiss to her head and goes out looking for a doctor. The doctor meets him by the door and abir is asked to wait outside with the other members. He nods his head, because now he's truly lost. His heart and soul both inside the room with Mishti. "Bhai! Bhai! Aap thik ho na? Are you hurt!? What's going on bhai? Where were you?" Asks kunal. "Abir? Where was Mishti? What happened? How did she burn herself? Tell me now!?" Demanded Nishant. There was a lot that abir wanted to tell Nishant. He wanted to reprimand him for giving Mishti so much "space" that she hurt herself so badly but he was totally out of it now. He couldn't think about anything but the beautiful broken girl lying inside the room. There was a ringing in his ears now. All he wanted to hear was, that she'll be okay.
A while later the doctor came out and went up to abir, "Mr. Rajvansh, your wife has suffered, second degree burns to her hand and collarbone and a concussion too. She'll be okay but she will need extra care and rest in the coming days. Her leg needs an X-ray because it seems like a hairline fracture but she will be okay. Don't worry." "Can we go and meet her please doctor?" Asked Nishant. He nodded yes and left to attend to the other patients. Abir was standing but the relief that he felt when he realised that she'll be okay was so strong that he sagged down to his knees and covered his face with his hands. Finally letting the tears fall free. Kunal was called to kuhu's room and muttered something about the same to abir before going to meet her. Nishant went to Mishti's room and abir was left there. On the ground with his tears and a broken heart. Yet again.
Mishti had regained consciousness but she was still weak and struggled to breathe properly. Probably because of the amount of smoke that she had inhaled. But none of it mattered. She wanted to know if abir was okay. So when nannu entered the room, she was actually disappointed. But before she could express any of that, Nannu hugged her close to him. "Tu pagal hai kya Mishti? Agar kuch ho jata toh? Agar woh nai pohonchta toh? To make him realise you could've lost your damn life Mishti?" He said. "But Nannu, we won. Hum jeet gaye. Usne admit kar liya hai that he loves me Nannu.." and she started gasping for breath. Abir who was outside the door felt like banging his head against the door. This girl had the habit of literally jumping into fire for him. But he..he..didn't deserve this beautiful angel. No he didn't. His eyes were heavy with tears. "Ms Teapot, yeh NishMish attack aaj ke liye kaafi hai. Apne birthday pe koi apni family ko aise darata hai kya? Chal ab rest kar. Main thodi der mein waapis aata hoon." Nannu got up to leave. "And before you ask, your lambu is okay too but I won't send him in. Not until you've slept for a bit at least. And nothing you say will change my mind." Mishti frowned at him but agreed. After all this is the least she could do for Nannu. Abir realised that Nishant wanted to have a word with him before he met Mishti. Abir cleared his throat and walked towards the waiting area.
"Look Abir, I know you heard everything so I'm not going to repeat anything now. I am so worried about her abir. She thinks that you love her and maybe you do too but whatever this cowardice is and whoever is responsible for it, it has nothing to do with Mishti. That girl has spent the last two months gathering the courage to fight for you. For your love. But not once has she doubted your loves abir. She literally put her life in danger, knowingly, blindly when she went to the jungle last night because she knew you'd save her. Her falling in that ditch..oh god Abir you don't even know the kind of impact it has had on her. Every single person she loved has left her but she knows you're different. So for that unwavering faith of hers, do not disappoint her. I have seen her grow up Abir. I have seen her when she was left all alone. I have seen her silently cry in a room somewhere away from everyone. I have seen her have panic attacks. But all of that ended when you came in her life. You're her shot at happiness. Her 1% chance man and if you don't hold on to her you will really lose her. She was so depressed in London that I was scared that she might actually harm herself, but then she came to her senses that you can't be this cruel on purpose. She chose to look at the bigger picture. She chose to love you, despite everything that you said told her not to. She chose to fight for your love. Don't you think that for once, she deserves the same courtesy? So I won't stop you from going inside that room, but if you decide to go in, then that better mean that you're choosing her. You're willing to fight for her love and forgiveness. Everything that you said, we don't even know the kind of impact it has had on her. You reopened all her old wounds and rubbed salt on them. And yet, here she is. Saving you. So do yourself a favour and figure out what you want to do. Because if you hurt her again, I won't be this kind to you. Mind that." Nishant finishes and leaves.
Abir couldn't believe the impact of his behaviour. Everything that, the small little angel had to bear because of him and his cowardice. He loathed himself. He got up, and walked around because he had to physically move or else his head would really blast. He then saw kunal, feeding Kuhu, with a tender smile on his face. Some contentment in his eyes. And that's when he made his decision. Kunal was no longer alone. He no longer had only abir that loved him unconditionally. He had Kuhu too. And whatever Big Ben was trying to do, well she'll have to go through Abir first. And he too wasn't alone anymore, he had his angry little angel with him. He wiped his tears and went to the cafeteria. Hospital or not, he would make her birthday special. Nishant looked at Abir inside the cafeteria and smiled ruefully when he realised that they had actually won.
Abir couldn't wait any longer and thus went to Mishti's room to wake her up with a small cake and his heart in his hands. The moment, he entered the room, he saw her struggling and moving and pulling on her IVs. Abir immediately put down the plate and went to her. She was constantly chanting his name, she was scared and that too for him. He quickly reached out to her and put his arms around her.
"Mishti! Mishti! Shhh! You're not alone! Wake up! Open your eyes Mishti. I'm right here!" Abir gently shook her awake. Mishti opened her eyes to find abir, right there, hovering over her. She couldn't control herself and flung herself into his arms, with her head near his stomach and him bending over her so his head was over hers. "Abir! Abir! Woh aag..tum thik ho na..hum kaise bahar aaye..?" Mishti asked. Abir gently caressed the back of her head and said, "Shhh Mishti! Breathe. Main thik hoon. Tum bhi thik ho! Saans lo! We're okay." Abir gently helped Mishti to calm down and then helped her lay back down on the bed. Abir turned around to get the cake for her but Mishti caught his hand. "Nai nai nai! Abir tum mujhe chod ke nai jaa sakte ho.." she started breathing heavily. It tore Abir apart knowing that he's the one to blame for this fear of hers. "Nai Mishti, main kahin nahi jaa raha. Bas tumhare liye ek surprise hain. Aankhein bandh karo, mein bas ek minute mein tumhe yahin miloonga.." abir pacified her. "Nai Abir, everytime I close my eyes, you go away. Please Abir don't go! I..I..lov.." she was going to confess everything when he put a finger over her lips, "I know everything. But this is important Mishti. Just count till 3 and if I am not here then you can use your grey belt on me." That brought a smile to her face. This was her Abir. The one who would make her smile even in the most crazy moments. She nodded her head and closed her eyes.. and waited.
Abir walked towards her with the plate in hand and placed a small kiss on her eyelids and said.. "aankhein kholo angry chorni.." Mishti already had tears in her eyes. On top of the cake was an origami bird, instead of a candle, she looked up at him in question and he nodded at her to open it. The minute she opened the paper, a locket fell from it. Her locket. She was already crying and didn't want to read any further. She just wanted to hide in his embrace. Forever. But she swallowed her feelings and read the paper. "I'm sorry Mishti. I have a lot to say, but because it's your birthday.. let me start with this. Happy Birthdayyy Mishti!"  Mishti left the paper and leapt into his arms. And nothing can describe what they were both feeling. How much having each other in their arms meant to them. Abir kept placing small kisses on the crown of her head, to reassure himself that she was there with him.
He then helped Mishti sit back on the bed, and sang the happy birthday song for her and with utmost care and tenderness fed her the cake and completed what he started in the tent when he wished her by kissing her.
"Abir..yeh sab kya? Kaise..?" Mishti asked. "Kyunki aaj phir mere liye ek ladki aag mein koodh padi." He sat down on the bed and put his arms around her and her head was on his chest. "Ek story sunogi..?" Abir asked Mishti. Mishti nodded her head and snuggled closer to him.
"There' was a boy..quite happy but very lonely. Always moving..-always running.. but all this because he hadn't found his home truly. But..but then one morning when he was running yet again, he came across something so rare, something so beautiful he came across a morning star Mishti! He thought those existed only in fantasies but looking at that star, he felt all his fantasies coming true. His heart whispered home! It was the most beautiful thing ever. He had given that star many many names, angry chorni, Cinderella, and so much more but only he knew what she truly was. His peace. Day by day little by little, that little star illuminated even the darkest corners of his life..but..but then he was ripped away from the light. He was forced into a dungeon with no light. He was asked to choose. To save the most important part of him or to savour the star. He was trapped! He didn't know what to do..the star tried to all her might to enter the dungeon but this man couldn't let her in. So he hurt her. He hurt in the worst possible way and the star went away. He thought he'd lost her. He started living his life in the darkness, not even expecting the star to come back in reality but feeling her warmth, every single day. Then..then one day. The star came back. But this time she was illuminating someone else's life. The man was shattered. But little did he know that the star was deliberately doing this so the man could step out from the dungeon. With each passing day she made the man realise that he was not being forced. And that there was a way out..."he whispered. His hands still caressing her head on his chest.
"The..the star never left abir. And if there exists such a star then that's you for me Abir. You brought me out of my darkness and taught me to live Abir. So you're my star. And whatever battle that you're fighting, you're not alone. We won't let your mom do anything to kunal and masi. I'm always with you Abir. Always." And she gently cupped his face and wiped his tears. Abir gave her a wobbly smile, not even surprised that she knew. She was his liberal angry chorni after all. He wiped her tears and kissed her forehead yet again. And said, "I know I'm sorry is too small a word for all the pain I've caused you, but if you would let me, i just want to be with you Mishti. Make it up to you.." he placed his head in her hands and his wet eyelashes touched her hand. Mishti wipes his tears and said, "Ajeeb Rajvansh I had promised you, that even if you forget about me and our love, I won't forget. I will fight. And I will keep fighting." She promised. Abir smiled at her and said, "you can fight all you want, love. I'll be right there with you. Lekin aaj ke jaise meri jaan mat nikalna please."Mishti shook her head and said,"Tum meri jaan ho aur apni jaan ko koi aise itni aasani se jaane deta hai kya. Main toh tumhe hamesha protect karoongi aur kabhi jaane nai doongi" Abir smiled at her and said, "Meri angry liberal violent chorni."
"I really missed you Abir. Tumhe aise haste hue dekh bohot accha lag raha hai." Abir smiled, kissed net nose and said, "you're the only reason behind this smile. Ab chalo rest karo warna tumhara nannu aaj mujhe maar hi dega." Mishti scrunched her nose and said, "No way. Aur agar main aankhein bandh karungi toh tum gayab ho jaaoge so nai. You have to stay with me." Abir tightened his hold around her and said, "kabhi nai. I'm right here with you.  Don't worry.." Mishti snuggled closer to him and closed her eyes. "Mishti, tumne woh letter pura nai padha. Turn it around and answer me.." he mumbled. Mishti groaned because cuddling Abir was the best damn thing. She got up and read the letter. It said, "Angry Chorni, will you please marry me and stay with me forever?" Mishti gasped and her eyes shone with tears. She nodded her head yes and leapt into his arms. "Yes abir! Yes!" She cried. Abir kissed her head and said, "it's a deal then, before even going back home, we'll get married." Mushti smiled with tears and nodded.
Right outside the door, was Nishant. Seeing them happy together made everything right in the world for him. He smiled at them and turned around whistling.