Chapter 4 pt 2

The brothers had talked for what seemed like ages. Everyone had a somber look on their face after hearing Stan talk about losing his brother, even Ford looked a bit saddened by the story.

"All this time you just wanted to save your brother?" Dipper said as processed the story. "Grunkle Stan I'm so sorry."

"It's ok." Stan reassured him. "If I were you I probably wouldn't have believed me either.

They hear voices upstairs. They see on the monitors that the agents are crowding around the vending machine.

Pacifica's breath becomes more anxious. "If they find us they'll send me back home. My parents they'll...they'll."

Mabel put a hand on her shoulder. "Relax they won't find us. Who would think to look behind a vending machine? They probably just want snacks."

"THE WAY INTO THE BASEMENT IS BEHIND THE VENDING MACHINE!" One of the agents shout from upstairs.

Mabel pretends to zip her mouth closed.

"Oh no!" Soos cried. "We were so spellbound by your tragic and heartwarming tale we forgot to find a way out!"

His words bounced around in Dipper's head. "Forgot...forget... I've got it! I know how we can defeat the agents!" He reached into his bag and pulled out the memory gun.

"That's perfect!" Ford said. "I don't know how you got your hands on this, but it should work. I just need to amplify it to a headset frequency." He walked over to a computer he had in the basement and began plugging wires into the gun.

Pacifica pointed to the gun. "What is that?"

"We have a lot of adventures to catch you up on." Dipper said with a chuckle.

"Oh Oh!" Mabel jumped up and down. "I want to start with the one where Dipper kissed a merman!"

"WAIT WHAT!?" Pacifica said in shock.

Ford backed away from the computer. "Everyone plug your ears and get down!" The ground shook as the gun echoed in the ears of the agents. Ford quickly ran to the elevator. They all ran after him and tightly squeezed in with him.

"Great Uncle Stanford what's your plan?" Dipper asked.

"I'm still working it out." Ford said with a look of pure concentration on his face.

The elevator opened and he darted out. Everyone else got stuck for a second trying to leave at once, but managed to follow not to far behind. They saw Ford grab some loose papers off the table and walk outside.

They watched him speak to the agents. He shuffled the papers as if they were important documents and not Mabels drawings and convinced them to leave and turn over all their information on this case.

"Great Uncle Stanford that was amazing!" Mabel said in shock of what he had done.

Ford smiled. "Thank you, but please just call me Ford."

Dipper pulled a pen and paper from his vest pocket. "Great Uncle Ford do you mind if I ask you a hundred questions about Gravity Falls?"

"Ok ok." Stan intervened. "Me and my brother have a lot to talk about so you kids hit the hay. Now!" 

With a disappointed look the three kids went inside. They stopped at the top of the stairs where they couldn't be seen in hopes of hearing Stan and Ford talk. They hear everything, about how Ford wanted to kick Stan out and Stan telling him to stay away from them.

They went back to their room. "Jeez." Mabel said. "You don't think we'll ever end up like that do you?"

"Pfft." Dipper said. "Unless you plan on knocking me into any space portals anytime soon I'd say we have nothing to worry about."

"Ive seen how you two act together." Pacifica said. "I don't think you have to worry about becoming like your uncles."

"Thanks." Dipper said. "By the way Pacifica what did you want to tell me?"

"What do you mean?" Pacifica asked.

"Back when we were in the basement before the portal activated. You said you wanted to tell me something."

She looked nervious. "Oh, I think I was just going to say thanks for letting me stay here and all." She avoided eye contact with him while she talked.

"Oh. Don't mention it." He said as he layed down to go to sleep. She looked over at Mabel and saw her smiling wide.

"What?"

"Oh nothing." Mabel said. "Goodnight you two."

Pacifica layed down. She wasn't even 100% sure what she wanted to say. Well, she knew what she wanted to say, just not how to say it. Part of her was happy it happened that way otherwise she may have said something stupid. She closed her eyes and pushed the thoughts out if her mind. At least for tonight.