Chapter 1

The ballet room was empty, since everyone has left the Ballet School. Nunbyeol looked around, opening the big door. She entered the room, putting her bag on the floor. She always practised alone, without witnesses. She was so clumsy and made a lots of mistakes in front of everyone, especially in front of her ballet teacher, Taealha, who was really strict.

Nunbyeol started stretching, sitting on the floor. Dancing was her passion, even though she had to face lots of difficulties. The reason why she was practicing alone was because she was still too weak to compete with others. She was the one who always fell and stumbled, doing the easiest positions. Being alone was relieving. No one could saw her and judged her. Her mirror reflection was the only one witness of her clumsiness. If Taealha knew that Nunbyeol had the extra key of the ballet room, she would kill her for sure. Nunbyeol didn't steal it or even find it on the corridor. Taealha's husband was the one who gave her the extra key.

Nunbyeol was thankful. Thanks to him, she was able to practise more. But her effort wasn't enough to achieve her dreams, to be a better dancer and be proud of herself. No one was proud of her. Neither Taealha, nor her friends and family.

She stood up slowly, raising her hands. She didn't need music, since the music played inside her head. Looking in the mirror, she saw a girl. A pathetic girl, who had no future. Who loved ballet, but the ballet hated her. Nunbyeol took a deep breath, making a pirouette. Her moves were quite smoother than usual. She counted her steps silently, looking at her dancing reflection.

The sudden sound of breaking glass filled the whole room. Nunbyeol screamed, covering her face. She fell, feeling how her heart is racing fast in her chest. She opened slowly her eyes, seeing the broken window. The sharp shards of glass hurt her arms during breaking. But why did the window suddenly break? She looked around, realising that there was a huge rock the size of the fist on the floor. Someone had to throw it, breaking the window of the ballet room.

Nunbyeol was scared. She stood up slowly, making a fragile steps. She opened her bag quickly, trying to hold back all tears. She ignored the blood on her arms, wanting to find her phone, since she had to tell Taealha about the accident.

Nunbyeol froze, hearing something weird. She looked at the mirror, seeing someone's reflection. The hooded man peeked inside the ballet room through the broken window. He cursed, standing up quickly.

"Wait! Stop, don't go!" Nunbyeol said, realising that he had to be the one who has thrown the rock. It looked like he didn't mean to hurt her, as if he had no idea that someone would have practiced there.

Nunbyeol stood up, trying to avoid the shards of glass. She came to the window, but he escaped. A single tear raced down her cheek. She felt the sudden pain in her arms and in her heart as well. She wanted to leave that place and escape just like the hooligan who has broken the window.

Nunbyeol hid her stuff in her bag, trying to control her trembling body. She didn't have time to dress up, so she grabbed her trainers, wearing ballet shoes. She knew well that if someone realised that she was there during that accident, she would have a huge problem.

"Nunbyeol?"

She froze, hearing the familiar voice of her ballet teacher. Taealha entered the room, opening her eyes widely. She's looked at the shards of glass on the floor and the broken window. She also saw the blood on her body.

"It wasn't me... Someone broke the window... I only came to practise" she said quickly.

"I will call the police and the ambulance. Stay here" she said. Nunbyeol sighed loudly, nodding.

***

Nunbyeol didn't want to go to the hospital, but then she fainted in front of the ambulance. When she woke up, she has already been lying in the bed with IV. She touched the cannula on her hand. She barely remembered how she got there.