The End of an Era

Thanos' Snap didn't just kill half the universe's population. Maybe 50% died immediately after the Snap, but the total body count was much higher. With half the universe suddenly gone, that left a lot of unfinished work, and some of that work turned fatal in the absence of a human caretaker.

Cars and planes crashed. Ships and nuclear power plans were suddenly left at half capacity. Combatants at wars overseas were suddenly left with half of their fellow men dead and, sometimes, there was no word from the commander if the commander had been one of the ones to die in the initial Snap. Surgeons died on the operating table, unwittingly taking their unconscious patients with them. Fires were suddenly left unattended. It was global chaos. Guardians, caretakers and workers, suddenly dusted away, were forced to leave all of their precious work to fate as they took an unexpected and indefinite pause.

It was the danger of an unattended fire that caused the next wave of deaths in the Fazbear Pizzeria Simulator. Even though only 50% of the workers were killed off, the ensuing chaos frightened away the other 50% and left the restaurant entirely humanless. The robots remained, physically incapable of fleeing the pizzeria, but they, too, were so deeply traumatized by the Snap that none of them thought to monitor the kitchens and other flammable areas until it was too late.

"FIRE!" one of them shrieked, pointing a metal wing towards the kitchen. Sure enough, the pizzeria began to go up in a blaze. A few of the braver bots tried to use water from the bathroom and sinks to quench the flames, but it was much too late. Furthermore, because the pizzeria had been built to burn down (as part of an elaborate plan run by a man who had just been annihilated in the Snap), the odds were stacked against the animatronics from the start and there was no hope for any of them.

"What do we do?" another animatronic panicked as the flames continued to grow, enveloping the entire pizzeria. As an automatic response, every door and escape route was sealed. This had been another intention design to aid in the arson plan. With every possible escape route sealing itself off when the pizzeria got too hot, it ensured that no one would try to leave as everything went up in an inferno. The design of the building performed its task flawlessly and the entire pizzeria was reduced to ash and cinders...

But there was NOT a 100% mortality rate. There were three survivors. One was a worker who had fled after the initial staff left him with only half of his staff left. This man was Michael Afton, the night guard and co creator of this newest Fazbear pizzeria. The other two survivors were robots, but they were not ordinary robots. They were entities possessed by the souls of the damned. Because of that, not only did they survive the Snap, but they were able to escape the pizzeria before it burned down. The other bots were constrained to the restaurant's premises, programming rendering them physically incapable of leaving Fazbear property. But those other two bots who were not 100% robot? Well, they did not have that programming within their circuitry and they were able to escape.

Now the trio stood upon the ashes of the final Fazbear pizzeria, staring at the blackened Earth in disbelief.

"What happened?" one of the robots, Scrap Baby, asked. Her voice glitched several times, but the others understood her perfectly. For once, there was no malice or sadistic joy in her voice, only confusion... and fear.

"Who can say?" the other robot, Scraptrap, asked. His voice was low and raspy from years of torment, soul and body both imprisoned within this metal form, but for once, he only sounded confused. Like Scrap Baby, all his usual malice and sadism were gone. It was as if the dark side of his personality had died in the Snap too.

"What do we do now?" the human, Michael, finally asked. He was shaking, physically unharmed but badly spooked by the sudden wave of death. None of them knew what had caused it and, as far as they knew, they might all drop dead next as well. It was a frightening thought...