Chapter 3

Sabrina's POV:

"Hey, my parents are on a trip, can you come over?" He asked me.

"Um... sure why not," I said. "I just need to stop by the beauty supply store and I will be over."

"Okay," he said. "Wait can I come?"

"Um... sure," I said. "I will pick you up." I got my things and head to his house and picked him up.

"Why do you still have your bonnet on?" He asked.

"If I take it off. I'm gonna look crazy," I said and he took it off.

"Oh, shit," he said and I laughed.

"You play too much," I said snatching my bonnet back from him.

"I'm planning on getting a buzz cut," he said.

"No, don't cut your hair. I like it the way it is," I said putting my bonnet back on.

"So you rather me have my long hair then it shaved off?" He questioned.

"Yes, so when you're between my legs I have something I can grab on to," I said under my breath.

"You so damn nasty," he said and and I laughed. "I want you to meet my parents."

"Woah, we've only been talking for a month," I said.

"I know, but I want to be more then that," he said and I smiled.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yes, I really like Sabrina and I think my parents would like you too. And maybe after you meet my parents you don't have to sneak in my house for us to hang out," he said and I smiled.

"Okay, but we're not boyfriend and girlfriend yet until you ask me," I said driving.

"Okay," he said. He pulled up to the beauty supply store and we got out. We walked in and I got my hair cream and conditioner. We were in line to pay and this old lady walked up behind us.

"You guys are so beautiful together," she said and I smiled at Josh.

"Thank you," I said.

"Yeah, girl it's an honor to see us black women dating out of our race. Thank you for not seeing color baby," another lady said.

"Thank you," Josh and I said together. We paid for my things and got in the car and I started driving.

"So it's like an honor for black girls to date outta their race?" He asked and I smiled.

"Um... I wouldn't say an honor. It's just way of saying thank you for not seeing color, but the real beauty of love," I said and he nodded. After a few minutes we pulled up to his house. We got out the car and I got my things. We went in his house and went to his room. I went to his bathroom and wet my hair. I came out and sat on his bed and started twisting my hair.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked turning the tv on.

"Twisting my hair. Wanna help?" I asked.

"Yeah, what do I do?" He asked.

"Okay, so all you have to do is part the hair, put cream on the piece of hair, and twist it like this," I said.

"Okay," he said. "This smells good."

"I know right," I said smiling. After about an hour we were done. "Thank you baby."

"You call me baby," He said and I chuckle and got up. I washed my hands and brought him a wet towel and he wiped his hand. I oil my hair and then put my bonnet on. I got in bed with him. I snuggle in his arm. "Don't fall asleep on me."

"Not gonna promise," I said looking at him. "When was your first kiss?"

"Um... in third grade. It was with this girl and it was a dare and I got in trouble," he said and I laughed. "You?"

"I've never been kissed," I said and he looked at me.

"You're joking," he said.

"I'm not. I really I've never been kissed," I said and I cover my face. "I know it's embarrassing. I'm a senior and I've never been kissed."

"No, that's fine," he said smiling. "What do you want your first kiss to be like?"

"Um... something's that's not planned. I just want it to happened. Like you know the moment they show on tv where they have that moment where they second guess themselves about kissing each other," I said and he nodded. "I know it's silly."

"No, it's fine," he said.

"Did that happened when you and your ex girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she's not a good kisser to me," he said and laughed. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"Yeah, in middle school. It's lasted for a month because I moved here to Texas," I said sitting up.

"Oh, so while you guys were dating y'all didn't kiss?" He asked.

"Nope, all we did was touch on each other," I said.

"Y'all were them nasty middle schoolers huh?" He questioned and I laughed. I intertwine our hands and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about your first kiss. It was will happen when it happens."

"Okay," I said. We both lie down and stare at each other. He was beautiful and his beautiful ocean blues eyes were dreamy. "You're so handsome."

"You're so damn beautiful," he said and I smiled.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Why me? Out of any white girl you could've had. Um... why did you pick me?" I asked.

"Because you're smart, beautiful, nice, and have awesome personality. Your just chill and I trust you."

"Nice," I said. I reached over to his hair and started playing with it. He started playing with my chin. He leaned in and I leaned in and our lips brushed each other. He kissed my lips and I kissed back. We kissed for what felt like a few minutes. I felt a sparks and butterflies in my stomach.

"You're lips are so soft," he said pulling away and I smiled. "And you're a good kisser." We talked for the rest of the night and I ended up staying at his place.