Tainted Meat

We got everything settled with the food and everything. The sun was down and everyone was inside. We each had a plate of food. I was sitting in between Rick and Carl. Rick had little Judith in his lap. Abraham got up and tapped his glass to make an announcement.

"I look around this room.....and I see survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors. He says and raises his glass. I raise my glass, "Survivors." I repeat. Everyone starts cheering.

"Is that all you wanna be? Wake up in the morning, fight the undead pricks, forage for food, go to sleep at night with two eyes open, rinse and repeat? 'Cause you can do that. I mean you got the strength. You got the skill. Thing is, for you people, for what you can do, that's just surrender. Now, we get Eugene to Washington and we will make the dead die. And the living will have this world again. And that is not a back takeaway for a little road trip. Eugene, WHATS in DC?" Abraham finishes and asks.

Eugene looks nervous and clears his throat, "infrastructure constructed to withstand pandemics even in this fubar magnitude. That means food, fuel, refuge. Restart." I look at Rick cuddling Judith. I smile at them and kiss Judith's head and Ricks cheek.

"However this plays out, however long it takes for the restart button to kick in, you can be safe there. Safer than you've been since this whole thing started. Come with us. Save the world for that little one." Abraham says while looking at Rick and I. "Save it for yourselves. Save it for the people out there, who don't have nothing else to do except survive." Abraham finishes.

Rick chuckled and looks at Judith. Judith coos and looks in his fathers eyes. "What was that?" Rick asks in a soft voice to his daughter. I chuckle. "I think she knows what I'm about to say." He looks at me. "She's in. If she's in, I'm in." He looks at his daughter and looks at me. I nod my head. "We're in." I say while smiling. Everyone cheers and laughs. This might be our only chance of being normal.

Rick hands me Judith so he can go get another plate. I sit and bounce Judith on my leg as she coos at me. Sasha walks over, "can I hold her?" I smile, "yeah." I say while passing Judith into her arms. "I have been waiting for this." She says while cooing at Judith.

It was nice to see everyone having a good time. Rick was hanging out with Tyreese, Carl, and Judith. I decided to hang out with Maggie, Tara, and Glenn for a while. It's nice to have people who has been through the same road you have. Because you connect easily. I see Rick go over to Gabriel, probably to talk to him about the words carved on the side of the church.

Sasha comes through the doors. "Guys, Bob is missing." Rick calls over Tyreese and I to go with them. I grab my gun and knife and head outside with them. I walk with Rick, Sasha, and Tyreese. I see a dent in the tree. It looks new. Maybe that's a hint where Bob would be. Carol and Daryl are missing too. Maybe they are with him. Sasha runs back tot he church. "Sasha?" I ask. We follow her in as we walk to Gabriel. "Stop. What are you doing?" She asks. Gabriel looked confused and didn't say anything. "What are you doing?" She asked again getting closer.

"This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone." She does have a point. Gabriel couldn't actually be as innocent as we think he is.

"I don't..... I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel says. Maybe Gabriel is telling the truth but who took our people. Sasha takes out he knife.

"Sasha, Don't." I say trying to stop her. "Sasha put it away." Tyreese demands trying to talk some sense into his sister. "Who's out there?" Sasha says through her teeth. "Where are our people!" She yells.
"I don't... know." Gabriel repeats.

Sasha walks backwards while looking at Gabriel and stops next to Tyreese and me. "Why'd you bring us here?" Rick asks softly. "Please... I..I-"
"Are you working with someone?" Rick gets closer to him. "I'm alone. I'm alone." Gabriel repeats. Rick asks about the women at the food bank and if Gabriel did something to her.

"You'll burn for this? Why? What are you gonna burn for Gabriel?" I step up and ask as I remember the words on the church. Rick grabs his shirt and leans him against the table. "What did you do?" He says through his teeth. Rick let's him go, "I lock the doors at night I always lock the doors at night." Gabriel repeats over again. Gabriel starts to cry. Gabriel explains everything. How he locked all those people out of his church when this all started and heard then die. Gabriel cries and falls to the ground. He was scared. And innocent.

Glenn whistles and looks out the window. "There's something... there's someone outside laying in the grass!" Sasha starts running outside and we run after her trying to stop her so she doesn't get hurt. I run and stop. Sasha starts screaming "oh! Bob!" Bob was laying there with no leg. What the hell happened? There were walker coming in every direction now. Tyreese and Sasha carry Bob inside while Rick, Glenn, and I stay back and kill as many walkers as we could til we were rushed inside.

"I was in the graveyard and somebody knocked me out. I woke up outside this place. It looked like a school. It was that guy, Garett and five other ones. They were eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothing. All proud like they had it all figured out." Bob explained. He was traumatized and in pain. "Did they have Daryl and Carol?" Rick asks.

"Garett said they drove off." Bob answered. Why would they just drive off? Sasha asks for pain meds and Rosita said she would go get them but Bob refused. Bob sits up while groaning in pain. He moves his shirt over his shoulder to reveal a bite. Sasha looks at the bite in shock. I gasp and rest my forehead on Ricks shoulder with my eyes closed. We were going to lose someone else.

(Edited)