Chapter 1: Initial

Ciel 

        I cannot sleep. I have not slept at all this night. It is not because of random waves of anxiety, or how uncomfortable my pillow feels for some reason, nor is it because of trivial thoughts flooding my head. It is merely because I simply cannot sleep. There is nothing more to it. I toss and turn, adjust and re-adjust my pillow, but nothing helps. Even the sun is starting to show through my thick curtains, making my eyes feel weak, but still I cannot will myself to sleep. My eyelids feel heavy, my body is aching, and, above all, it feels as if my brain power has dulled due to sleep deprivation, as if I haven't slept in months. And yet it has only been about ten hours. It is moments like this that make me wish that I had just died when destiny called for it, three years ago. 

        As if a reminder to what actually happened instead of death, the door suddenly creaks open, and Sebastian peeks in. He proceeds to walk into the room and places a cup of tea on my bedside table. "I see you are conveniently awake." He comments, his smirk resting in it's usual spot. 

        I slowly sit up, lift the cup off the saucer, and ask; "How is that convenient? You've come in an hour before my usual rising time." I take a sip of the tea he prepared, and instantly my insides become warm. The tea slowly washes out every bit of aching bone in my body, and proceeds to rest and spread it's warmth in my stomach. A sigh unknowingly escapes my mouth.

        Sebastian smiles, "I was aware that you have been awake all night, so I prepared this special blend of tea to calm your sleep deprived muscles. I assume it's helping?"

        After another long, deep sip, I reply: "You haven't answered my question."

        "We have some unexpected guests, you see. They mean to discuss something with you, and I'm afraid they need your appearance." Sebastian takes my empty cup and places it on it's saucer. "They wouldn't leave, no matter how much I asked them to come some other time. They say they've been sent by Her Majesty..." 

        I instantly choke on thin air, "They WHAT? Are they Charles Phipps and Grey? How come you didn't tell me beforehand?" Completely furious, I flip my blankets over, and glare at Sebastian's mocking smirk. "Quit fooling around and dress me!" 

        "I do apologize, Young Master." Sebastian says in an evidently sarcastic tone, "I was distracted by thinking about the third arrival whom Phipps and Grey have brought, a young girl." The Butler walks over to my wardrobe and starts picking out a mixture of black clothing. "She looks about your age, actually. And she's dreadfully quiet." He walks over to me and starts unbuttoning my night shirt, replacing it with a white, ruffled blouse. "Her appearence is quite surprising, actually. She looks like a complete duplicate of you!" 

        "Stop your nonsense and pick up the pace!" I snap, slightly disturbed by his last sentence. Sebastian remains quiet as he dresses me, but with a sarcastic smirk still dancing on his face. He puts on my black coat, my stockings and winter boots, and last of all, ties a ribbon on my collar. I adjust it a little so it won't choke me to death and start walking down the hallway. As I enter the stairway, a thought starts nagging me. A girl who looks just like me? Sebastian wouldn't joke like that. It's not even funny. But still. Is there a slight possibility...? 

        Upon reaching the living room downstairs, I see Charles Phipps and Charles Grey, or as their codename goes, "Double Charles." They are sitting in their usual spot on the red sofas near the window, with empty tea cups placed on the table in front. But, sitting on the opposite sofa, is a girl dressed is yellow with white ruffles and a black sash. Her face is turned to the window so I can't make out any of her fetures, except her mid-night blue hair. An icy finger goes down my spine, making me momentarily shiver. I shake the weird feeling off, and approach the men dressed in white. "What brings you two here?"

        Grey turns to me, and his usually boring expression suddenly brightens to an amused smile. "Earl Phantomhive, so sorry to come with no notice." He stands up along with Phipps as I walk closer to them. 

        The girl turns around, and at that moment, it seems as if everything has stopped, and time itself has slowed down. As soon as her face appears in my full view, a hard rock blasts through my chest and throws me into a pit of shock. The girl in front of me, is someone I haven't seen since three years ago, back when the fire blazed and crumpled down the mansion into ashes and dust. I assumed she had been engulfed by flames just like my parents, and turned to dust and blown away from existence, but here she is, looking perfectly healthy, happy, and innocent as always. My Sister. 

        As soon as her blue eyes meet mine, her gloomy expression turns to a smile only a child could make. She stands up, grasping her yellow dress, shoots towards me, and throws her arms around my neck into a squeeze even tighter than Elizabeths. "Oh, Ciel!" She screeches, her voice still as giggly and childish as three years ago. 

        At a loss for words, I awkwardly put my arms on her back and squeeze as gently as possible, as if I'm afraid she might break with too much pressure. A loud sigh escapes my mouth as she untangles her arms from my neck and stares at me. I stare back, taking in her familiar appearence. It feels as if she is nothing but a vision, a hallucination, a dream. Wether a nightmare or daydream I do not know. "Caera*?" 

        "Ah, such a touching reunion." Grey breaks out. I turn to him, and, for the first time, have no idea what to say to him. Thankyou? You may leave now? Would you like more tea? Before I can decide, he gestures us farewell and says: "The Queen expects you to take care of her for a while. She is your sister, after all." And with that, the Charles duo exits the room. 

        I turn back to my sister, who is still holding the same joyful expression on her face. "The Mansion looks just like before!" She says after a moment of silence, "How on earth did you manage to pull this off? Even the antique curtains are still there!" She walks around the living room, humming softly and gazing at everything with deep interest, as if she were exploring a new place. 

        Choosing to ignore her question, I look at Sebastian, who was quietly observing us the whole time, holding an extra cup of tea on his hands. "Prepare the room that is two doors away from mine, and put in some extra pillows." I whisper to him, " Our guest will be staying there from now on." 

        "Guest?" He smirks, "Don't you mean your sister?" Just by looking at him, it is apparent that he is somewhat annoyed and perhaps even a bit distraught that he never knew of my sister. It is a rare expression that he's holding right now.  

        I take a moment to enjoy the expression on his face, and then seize the cup of tea from him, "Just go. And tell all the servants to come here this instant. I'd like to introduce them to Caera." 

              "Yes, my lord." He says in that tone. 

        As Sebastian leaves, Caera suddenly comes up from behind me. Her smile has turned into a concerned expression, reminding me of a worried mother. "Who is that man, Ciel? He seems a little..." She pauses to think for the right word; "...Creepy." 

        "My Butler, ofcourse. An Earl needs a butler, so it's only natural." 

        "Heh, since when do you have a Butler?" The giggly expression returns to Caera's face, but beneath that, I can see that she knows more, she's hiding more. "Oh, and Ciel, I think you should get rid of my grave outside. It feels disturbing just looking at it." 

        "Oh, right. Yes, we'll get rid of that as soon as possible. But first, tell me everything..." 

        *Caera is normally pronounce CARE-AH but for this story, it should be pronounced SAY-RAH. Of course, you don't have to, since I won't know anyways.

        Author's Note:

        Hello dear readers! xD This is my second ever fanfiction ( first one has been deleted due to serious terrible-ness) I really, really hope you like this, and a vote + follow or comment would mean the WORLD to me! If there are any questions, concerns, suggestions for improvement or whatever, just comment below or drop me a message and I'll be sure to answer. The coming chapters will have different (but not too many) POV'S, tons of mystery, and, who knows, maybe some romance here and there x)  Hope you enjoy the second chapter, which will come out this week for sure. :D