Coming Home

Bucky (Winter Soldier) comes home to Steve (pre!serum) after a mission.

- - - - -

Steve opens the door to his apartment. It seemed colder than it was before he left.

He shuts the door. Shutting out the rain and wind along with it.

There was wheezing. Like when Steve has a close asthma attack.

"Hello..?" He calls.

His foot bumps against something heavy on the floor and he leans over to flick the light on. Several large Pelican Cases scattered around the door, the name "Barnes" sprayed jn black.

"Hey Buck? When did you get back?" It starts off happy but then trails off.

Theres a lump in the bed sheets and when some lightning flashs outside, there was a streak of silver tangled into the sheets.

"Buck?" Steve steps closer. It groans in response.

Steve steps over the cases and over to the bed. He put his hand on Bucky's bare shoulder, shaking it lightly. The tangle of sheets move again.

"Mmm, Steve s'that you..?" Steve pulls his hand back, wiping it on his pants and flicking the light on.

"Why are you wet?" Steve hisses.

"It was raining when I got in."

"You didn't change? I just changed the sheets yesterday. " Steve furrows his brows.

"Sorry. I was tired...haven't slept in three days. At least i took my shoes off." He rolls over, left eye pitifully swollen and bruised...not that he acted like he noticed.

"Jesus Bucky! What the hell happened?" Steve reaches to caress Bucky's swollen socket.

He immediately covers his left eye, "A guy landed one on me. At least I got away, huh?" Bucky scoffs, "C'mere." His arms welcome Steve.

"Shouldn't you put ice on that?" Steve asks, though the concern is gone and he eases into Bucky's arms.

"Nah," he kisses Steves cheek, "it can wait. I missed you."

"You should change while I change the sheets. Again," Steve presses his lips to Bucky's forehead, "I'll whip you somethin' to eat then you can nap." Steve quickly leaves the warmth of his boyfriend. Already missing the yearned love.

Bucky peels himself off the bed and starts puling off his wet uniform.

"And put on something warm! You're gonna get sick!" Steve calls from down the hall.

"Yes mother!" He quips as he pulls a towel out of the hamper and runs it through his hair.

- - - - -

This is a story my friend and I wrote together:

Sina_Has_Fallen