nine

Hey, how would you feel about dinner Sunday night?

I could either whip something up at my place or we could find a fancier place to go to.

I think I'm actually busy Sunday night, sorry. I'll let you know a day I'm free to meet up.

Sounds good.

When Elliott didn't hear from her for two days, he began to think something else was going on.

Did I do something to upset you?

Honestly, I don't know. I just thought it was obvious I was looking for an exclusive kind of relationship, even if it didn't get serious right away.

I understood that. I would've never slept with you if I wasn't interested in you. Only you.

Hailey?

I'm not going to lie, I thought another alarm was going off the morning you were here, so I picked up your phone and saw the Mixr messages. I don't want to be dating someone who's dating other people, sorry.

I swear, I haven't gone on a date with anyone else since I met you.

Hailey?

Do you believe me?

The problem was, Hailey might've believed him, but it was her own insecurities about not being enough in a relationship that were holding her back. She didn't know what to say, especially over text.

But Elliott didn't give up.

It wasn't just texts that came through though. They were accompanied by cute holiday gifs she knew were an attempt to put a smile on her face.

Thinking of you.

I hope I get to see you again

The holidays would be better with you