Prologue

**********
Author's note
**********
This is my first time writing a fan fiction about Interview. I have not read any of the Vampire Chronicles books, but I've done a bit of research on it and got as much info about it as I could. In this story Louis and Lestat are living together once more, in New Orleans.
I noticed that there aren't that many Louis fan fictions on here so I decided to write one. I hope you all enjoy :)

*****

Louis' POV

*****

It seemed like all I did anymore was think. I thought about my deceased wife and child from my mortal life. I wished more than anything to know what it might have been like if they had lived. I thought about Armand, how I missed him but I knew he was better off. I was a burden to him, we both knew that. I thought about Claudia, I missed her so much words could not describe. Change is something I've experienced a lot throughout these passed two hundred years in this dark life. I often wondered if some things didn't happen, would I be where I am today?

I knew for a fact that I would have  Lestat walking by my side, no matter what path I dwindled down. We've always found our way back to each other somehow. All those years I had thought he was gone, not existing. Once I found him, I didn't have the slightest thought of what to tell him. What I had been through, the things I've seen. Our reunion was not a happy one, but there was a sense of home and comfort. He was all I knew at one time, and that was enough for the both of us. There were not many words spoken that night.

Lestat and I went back to pretty much the way it used to be when we lived together. We bought a house in New Orleans on the other side of town from our old home, which was demolished now. We hunt, fight, and suffer together. After all, Lestat created me to be a companion. We preferred to stay away from other immortals these days, and I sort of liked it this way. It seemed to me that once Claudia and I discovered other vampires all those years ago, it only brought on chaos.

There's a part of me that still hangs on to humanity, but it's slowly slipping from my grasp. I longed for the feeling to come back, I was starting to lose hope that it ever would. My 'depressed' state of being was evident to Lestat. He didn't understand, but he tried. He thought a change of scenery would help. So as soon as the sun went down he'd take me for long walks, before we looked for our meals. I felt like a burden to him, but he would always say I was absurd for thinking that way whenever I voiced it. So we walked in the night, blending in with society dressed in the clothes of today. No one would ever suspect what we were until we attacked a poor soul in an ally, or when we lured women into our home. The many faces with looks of terror were all too countless, and with every life I take, a piece of what humanity I have left dissolves with their souls.

"Louis, its time for our walk." Lestat said from the doorway of my room, breaking me from my thoughts. I nodded, and followed him. We stepped out of our home when the last rays of the sun disappeared. The cool fall breeze swept through the streets, causing the fallen leaves to dance down the street. I felt something different in the air tonight, but it didn't exactly feel threatening so u brushed it off. I sighed as Lestat lead us down the all too familiar path we usually took.

We stopped at the corner briefly. "Why don't we try a different way today. Shall we?" Lestat turned to me with a faint smile playing on his lips.

I shrugged. "Why not." It didn't really matter where we went. Lestat rolled his eyes in annoyance as we continued on. We walked aimlessly down the familiar streets in silence. We came upon a small house where two young girls were hauling groceries from their car. Lestat came to an abrupt stop, his eyes fixated on the two. I looked at him questioningly, wondering what the big deal was.

The breeze shifted, and I caught the scent of the most sweetest blood I've ever smelled in my entire dark life. The girl with the long black hair, had her back turned to us as she opened the door to the house. The other girl was blonde and noticed Lestat and I's presence, and said something to the other girl. The girl glanced over her shoulder, then turned away quickly walking inside.

The blonde girl watched us from the porch, and she waved toward Lestat. "Hi!" She called out smiling brightly. Lestat simply nodded to her kindly and began walking. I was confused, the Lestat I knew would have asked her to our home and drained her.

"Come on, Louis." She said with his jaw clenched, I followed after him. I didn't understand. The girl with the black hair, the smell of her blood made me want to take her life right there in the street. But for some unknown reason, something compelled me not to. Was it her beauty? I only seen her face for a second, she was indeed beautiful. Her hair is what caught my attention most of all. I wanted to run my fingers through it. This was the first time I've ever felt something for a mortal before, and it scared me.

Little did I know, my life would soon change after that night.