Something in the Air

Lestat had been acting weird the past few days, or nights should I say. I was emerging from my coffin that evening, and he was sitting on the chair at the far end of my room, staring, waiting. I rose slowly, giving him a questioning look.

"Louis, it's time for our walk." He said, a ghost of a smile playing at his lips. I knew he had something planned, but what?

Our footsteps were silent in the dark night, yet again. I kept my head down low, letting Lestat lead the way. His pace was brisk, he was on a mission. I didn't question anything, I knew better.

There were many things Lestat and I had an unspoken agreement about. I knew my 'pointless' questions aggravated him. He knew that if he mentioned Armand, it would aggravate me. I recall how we used to bicker and fight. Using harsh words of hate to hurt each other. We used to pine for it. These days, we knew our limits and never pressed them. My goal was to keep Lestat in my dark life. I didn't want to be alone, and neither did he. It seemed like we were the only beings that could stand each other.

I could see how hard Lestat tries to keep me happy. Since we reunited, I noticed a change in him. He was softer, more kind toward me. He was still though, undoubtedly, a brat prince. The thought made me smile. His thirst for blood was still the same, and I still killed with mercy.

Two opposites such as us, spent years trying to find companions that had similar tastes. Which had failed on both sides. Yet a part of me still yearned for someone to completely understand.

I wasn't paying any attention to our surroundings until Lestat put his hand on my chest, bringing me to a halt. I looked in the direction he was looking. It was the house where we seen the two beautiful human girls a few nights ago. I didn't understand why he brought us here, but I followed him to the house.

I watched Lestat as though he were mad. He was looking in the windows, searching. I looked in with him, and saw that we were looking into a living room. There was a couch, a small love seat, and a recliner, made of black leather. The flat screen had some reality show playing, the sound muted.

Slow movement caught my eye, and I saw the black haired girl enter the room. She had her hair tied up, a few loose strands hung in her face in a beautiful flaw. Her face was pure, natural beauty. The face of an angel. She had small, thin lips, tinted in a faint pink. Her eyes were a captivating brown, that seemed to bring a look of wise ness to her. Her figure was small, she couldn't be more than twenty years at the latest. She sat down stiffly on the recliner, clutching the book that I didn't see her holding before. Her eyes widened and she smiled as she read.

I'm not sure how long we stayer there watching her. My curiosity for this girl began to burn again. I thought about her off and on throughout the past few nights. Now I can see her face, it was more beautiful than I imagined it to be. Lestat began to stir beside me, I knew this wasn't what he came here for.

"Let's go Louis, before someone gets suspicious." He said waking toward the street. I followed him I'm confusion. Why did we come here in the first place.

"Why did we come here?" I asked him, hoping this wasn't gonna be a touchy subject for him.

"I wanted to see the other girl. I'm going to take her." He said, his face showed something familiar. The look was similar to when he took a fascination to the musician boy years ago. He never told me what happened to the boy after he changed him for a companion. I never bothered to ask. Was he planning on turning this girl?

The thought stopped me in my tracks. Had he finally grew tired of me again? Was he planning to leave with her? Had he been seeking a new companion without my noticing it?