⛄️ 𝒆𝒖𝒏𝒘𝒐𝒐

even though it hurts, you knew it was coming.

your high school sweetheart, eunwoo, is going to break up with you.

how do you know? you may ask, it was obvious. he hasn't spoken to you in weeks, he has constantly avoiding your dates and now he's not even responding to your texts anymore.

you lie down on your bed as you unlock your phone. scrolling through the pictures you took with him over the past five years, made you quite teary. even if he had moved on, and planned to break up, you still loved him.

he was the class president and the principal's only son. only the richest heirs were able to attend your school, however, your father had been best friends with the principal, so he let you enroll without paying any school fees.

you were isolated. more importantly, a scapegoat. people looked down on you for being poor, and dealing with the gossip and rumours were part of your daily routine.

not until he helped you. it was like the cliché korean dramas, a handsome knight in shining armour, saving the bullied protagonist. he introduced you to a group of friends, helped you with your studies and debunked all the rumours on your behalf.

on the day of graduation, he proposed in front of the whole grade as he asked you to be his girlfriend. you could still remember your heart beating as time froze.

but what was the point of living in the past, when in the present he's going to burn all the memories and make them disappear with two simple words, let's breakup.

while the flashbacks rushed through your mind, your phone vibrated. it was your brother, jinjin. he told you he was going to be training for the upcoming basketball competition, so it was quite unexpected for him to text you unless it was important.

jinjin
i forgot my wallet at eunwoo's place. can you fetch it for me?

you owe me three days of pizza.

jinjin
i love you ;)

gross.

you wore a casual dress, packed your handbag and rushed off to eunwoo's. you knocked on his door and waited patiently for a response.

"coming!"

you hear his voice say. you could listen to it every single day and never get sick of it. however, it was time to farewell that voice too, it was time to move on.

as the door opens, you saw the world's most handsome face. his killer smile made you blush as he dragged you inside his house and placed you carefully on the sofa.

"eunwoo, i need to get jinjin's wallet-"

the lights turn off and there was a spotlight only a few centimetres in front of you. eunwoo dropped to one knee as you slowly began to tear up.

"(y/n), i just wanted to say,"

his angelic voice said. your body began to stiffen as you were in shock. he took out a small box and placed it beside him.

"i need to tie my shoelaces. why are you here?"

he said laughing. you embarrassingly wiped your tears and stood up. just as you were about to leave, his hand grabbed your wrist and made you sit down again.

"i'm joking! i'm sorry i've been a pain in the ass for the past few weeks, but i had to keep this all a secret. you know how bad i am with keeping my mouth shut,"

he continues as he stares into your eyes. he opens the box and reveals a luxurious diamond ring.

"will you marry me, (y/n)?"