~The Hospital~

The instant I shot, I felt like I was pulled through my body.

I woke up.

-Time ???-
-Minnesota POV-

I woke up to a room filled with white everything. White bed, white sheets, white walls, white ceiling. I was not joking. I heard talking outside of the room, too muffled to make out who was saying what behind the light oak door - surprisingly not white.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I look over to my left to see the heart monitor machine. Also white. What is it with hospitals and having everything everywhere be the colour white?

"Wait a minute.." I said to myself. I had just realized where I was. "Why am I in a hospital?" I looked down at myself laying on the bed. I was wearing what I had on under my sweatshirt, a dark blue shirt that said Minnesota Wild on it at the party yest-

"Wait, what time is it?" I look to the wall opposite of the bed. 5:30 a.m. it read. I sat up. I felt something weird on my left index finger. I look down at it. It's got one of those grey trap things on it that hooks up to the machine. It's on tighter than what I think it should be. I look at my left forearm. It's got clean hospital bandages on, wrapped neatly at the various points of impact on my skin. I try to remember what happened at the party.

"Oh, yeah," I frown at myself, remembering that I let a drunk get to me. That drunk had to be Iowa, my very best friend out of all the states, to tell me that too. Hmm. New York was probably the one to carry me here. Or maybe it was Ame. Who knows. I surely dont. I sat there looking out the window, to see a sunrise that seemed strangely familiar. The dream..thats right. Why did I have that dream? Why did I shoot myself in that dream? Who was that guy in the forest in the first part? I had many questions. There was almost no sound in the room. Just the occasional beeping of the heart monitor thing, and some other background noise that seemed to come from nowhere. A door to my left opened. A tri-coloured country walked in. His 3 colours are black on top, red in the middle and yellow on bottom. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a red tie, black pants, and black dress shoes. He looked up from the clipboard he was holding, and adjusted his small glasses to look at me.

"Ah, I see your finally awake, Minnes-"

"Just call me Minn," I interrupted. He cleared is throat and sighed.

"..Minn," he said, processing the nickname I told him to call me."You're probably wondering why you're here. Allow me to explain mein freund."

"O-Okej," I stuttered, knowing exactly why I was here.

"It seems that you cut yourself a number of more than 10 times at a party, presumably at America's house. You passed out from blood loss and almost died from it. You were in a coma for 2 weeks. If New York was maybe 3 minutes late, you would probably..not be here right now. You're lucky to have such freunde as the states," he said, a grin slowly spreading across his face as he adjusted his glasses once more. My eyes widened in surprise.

"2 weeks!?"

"Ja," he said walking to the door across from my bed. "I will tell the others that you're okay. You will be dispatched tomorrow." He opened the door and left, leaving me to my thoughts again.

"That...dream thing felt way less than 2 weeks though," I thought. Footsteps. The door opened again. Iowa and York came through, Ame behind them. Iowa and York were both crying. York with happy tears, and Iowa with sad tears. Iowa's eyes lit up when he saw me. He ran to the side of the bed.

"I'M S-SO SORRY!" He sobbed. I looked him in the eyes. I tried to tell myself that it wasnt actually him who told me to die a lonely sinister death, he was just being a drunk. I just sat there in silence. I averted my eyes from his, I couldnt look me in the eyes anymore. "P-PLEASE, MIN-MIN, I SWEAR I DIDNT MEAN WHAT I SAID, I WAS DRUNK!" He sobbed more.

"..I know that," I whispered, barely audible.

"W-Why though..Why did you do that?" Ame questioned me. He had a tear roll down his cheek. I didnt say anything.

"WHY?" He demanded, anger flashing through his sadness. I tried to say I was sorry, but nothing came out. I tried my best not to cry. I failed. A couple tears rolled down my cheek. I pulled my knees into my chest. Silence fell into the room. I looked up at York. He had his eyes closed, and a sad smile on his face. He opened his eyes to meet mine.

"I'm just glad to see you still alive. The other states are sleeping at home right now, because its 5:30. But they do care."

"Then why didnt Ame just bring all of you? Why just you 2?"

"..Because these 2 care for you the most.." Ame said. He took off his black sunglasses and wiped tears from his eyes. He tucked the glasses into his shirt. He stopped wiping his tears and looked at the ground, revealing his eyes. His right eye was a normal pearl white, like every other country. His left eye was black. Like the Confederate's eyes during the war. Images of the Confederate's surrender at the end of that war came to my mind.

He was on his knees, his hands tied behind his back. He was looking at the ground and his clothes were ripped. He looked almost sorry.

"Are you happy?" Ame had said. I was there to witness it. Everyone was. A last final blow, and he was gone. The Confederate states looked like they just zoned back in from zoning out, for 4 years. We were all traumatized from that, and some of us still have nightmares from that day.

"T-This is all my fault," I whispered to myself. Iowa heard me.

"No its not..its mine. If I hadn't said anything-"

"No. It's not your fault." I was trying so hard to keep it all in, so they'd think it was just a mental breakdown. Then, I subconsciously slipped up.

"It wasnt my first time cutting, anyway," I said, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. They all looked at me, surprised.

"W-What?"

——————————————————
Hällå! Jag är förlåt for not updating a lot! I'm just getting lazy, failing miserably to come up with ways to end this book. So I might not update tomorrow, or the next day. The cover pic for this chapter doesnt have a foreshadow or anything, it's just to show you what America's eyes look like! But now that I think about it, I might make that into a book to! Ha det så bra! Adjö~!
——————————————————