PROLOGUE

My dear Frodo,

My dear Frodo,

You remember once, that I met Ryllae, a very long time ago. She was part of the same journey that I participated in. Though back then she was a tiny little thing even for an elf.

Though Ryllae's story is different then any story that I've told you. Her story began with two elves that where enchantingly in love.

The Elven King Thranduil, along with his lovely Queen Alauthshae ruled the elven kingdom of Mirkwood with peace and virtue

Alauthshae was a strong gentle soul. Hair as brown as the asher oak and eye as pure and white as the stars above.

Until a most miraculous moment occurred to the King and Queen, a son was born to them, they named him Legolas.

Legolas as much his father was, tough as oak, but soft and gentle as a flower petal much like his mother.

Then many  years later another child was born to Thranduil and Alauthshae, a daughter. This child had hair as black as night, eyes that were white as the coming of dawn, and skin as fairer then any gem. The stars above would shame these eyes. The first words that the Queen said while looking upon her child was 'Ryllae'.

The name meant beautiful and so the child was named.

Soon after, urgent news was sent to King Thranduil and Queen Alauthshae, that multiple villages near their borders, were being decimated by Orcs near the ancient city of Angmar. Such news was not something the Elven King of Mirkwood could ignore.

Thranduil begged his wife to stay safe and protect their children. Alauthshae knew that nothing was going to keep her from protecting her children. With Legolas barely a toddler and Ryllae an infant. She wasn't taking any chances.

As the Elves fought the Orcs, they were hopelessly out numbered. In Angmar, Alauthshae and her warriors were to become overwhelmed by Orcs. She did what any mother could do for their children.

Thranduil rushed to try to save his wife and children, however he arrived too late and witnessed her tragic death, he was overwhelmed by anger and sadness. He fought the Orc and struck him down.

He accompanied Alauthshae and with her dying breath she said, "Navaer, Gerich veleth nín"

'Farewell, you have my love.'

Thranduil became cold and hard over the death of his beloved wife.

As he took care of his children for many a years. However, young Ryllae had never ventured beyond the gates of Mirkwood. Thranduil had sealed Mirkwood away never allowing anyone into his kingdom.

Until a particular elf had a need of an adventure.