Onigiri part 2

"Daddy!!" Josh Junior bawled. "Mommy don't want to share her onigiris! I want! I want!"

"...did you say onigiri?" Josh Senior walked into the kitchen carrying a glass of wine. Seeing his crying son and exasperated wife, he walked up to her.

"Oh my love~" he said lovingly and then pushes her away. "Oh my onigiris~ Daddy loves you so much~" he exclaimed.

Amane stood there in disbelief. 'Surely he loves me more than the onigiris??'

"Out of the kitchen you two. OUT!"

Both father and son combo gave her their best pout. When she didn't budge, Josh nudged his son out with him with a dejected look.

"You, I can't believe you pushed me away for a bunch of onigiris. And you, get into that bath. And take the dog with you!"

In the bathtub, with Junior against his chest, happily playing with his rubber ducky and the dog lapping the end of the tub, Josh lathered up his hands to shampoo his son's hair.

"Daddy...why is mommy so upset? Did I do something wrong?" Josh Junior asked.

"Not really...mommy just had a long day. We'll apologize and maybe she'd make us some more onigiris okay?" Josh said.

Fresh out of the shower, they spotted Amane sleeping curled in the armchair, with a plate of freshly made onigiris and a note.

For my boys.

Looking to his son, Josh pointed to Amane. Sneaking up on her, they gave her a kiss on each cheek.

'Love you Mommy.'

'I love you my dear Amane.'

~Miss L