Chapter Nineteen

Not soon after their baby shower, Hermoine hit her third trimester and was hormonal as hell. Not only was her stomach swollen but her feet and ankles were too thanks to the extra fluid retention and the thirty-five pounds of extra weight she had put on over the course of her pregnancy.

"I look like a wooly mammoth, a big fat ugly woolly mammoth!" Hermione cried as she glanced over herself in the mirror, her hands covering her face as she wept.

"'Mione, I've told you countless times you're beautiful! Look at you, you're absolutely stunning." Harry reassured her, but seeing his wife send daggers his way through their bedroom mirror, he certainly hadn't helped her.

"You're fucking kidding me right? I look as if I've swallowed ten nifflers!"

"Baby, you're pregnant with twins! I'd be more concerned about how you look if you didn't look like this."

"Oh, so you're agreeing that I look like a mammoth!" Harry wanted to shove his foot in his mouth. 'Nice going Potter'. "Hermione, that's not what I meant and you know it. Now if we don't get going now, we are going to miss our seven month check-up with Kelli. And I know just how much you hate being late to anything."

"You're right, let's go." Hermione huffed as she grabbed her handbag and waddled into the living room. Harry sighed deeply, coming to the conclusion that this trimester was by far his least favorite.

*************************************************************************

Once they checked in for their appointment at the front desk of the Witches and Baby Ward of the hospital, Caroline, a MediWitch called Hermione's name back to do a routine check-up. They handed her a small, clear plastic cup and instructed her to pee in it in order for them to check for any signs of protein in her urine, along with sugar and any signs of infection. Hermione thought this part of the check-up routine was disgusting but she knew it was to make sure she and her unborn babies were safe.

When finished Hermione walked into the small, square room and placed her cup with the initials HP on top of the counter next to the MediWitch.Caroline smiled fondly at her and placed her cup next to the others. "If you'd follow me out in the hall Mrs. Potter so I can check your weight." Hermione nodded politely and followed the young witch. She slipped off her flats and stood on the scale, watching as the numbers had gone up five pounds from her last visit two weeks beforehand.

"One hundred and sixty pounds," Caroline noted, using her quill and parchment.

'Just announce it for the whole world to know how fat I am why don't you.' Hermione bitterly thought as she slipped her flats back on her feet and followed Caroline back into the small, square room.

"Sit here please." Hermione nodded her head once more and held out her arm for Caroline to check her blood pressure. As Caroline wrapped the blood pressure cuff around Hermione's arm, she shut her eyes and exhaled deeply; blowing away any negative thoughts so her MediWitch could get a proper reading.

"One hundred and twenty over eighty. Excellent job, Mrs. Potter." Caroline smiled as she jotted down the results. "You can go back and take your seat with your husband dear. I'll come and fetch you once Healer Moore is ready for you. Your test results should also be with her before your examination with her ends."

"Thank you, Caroline." Hermione replied, nodding courtly and made her way back to the waiting area.

**********************************************************************************

"So how are we feeling today, Hermione?" Kelli asked as Hermione lay back against the bed and pulled back her paper gown.

"Horrible. I've peed at least five times before breakfast, then another two times before coming to this appointment. My feet and ankles are swollen to hell and I can barely make it up a flight of stairs without my breathes becoming short! Not to mention the twins like to have kicking competitions on who can kick mummy the hardest"